Dynon Certified thread

Yetti

I'll start it since this is my planned direction

If I buy the Trig ADSB TN22 which is the same as the Dynon one, will it be covered under the STC?

I kind of like having the back up AI, VSI and Airspeed along the bottom like Cessna 172 G1000 set up.   I already have them.  How about to the left of the pilot screen.    I would think a bolt on overlay mount to current later F J panels would work great.  Or just reuse the rubber mount half turn screws.

8 hours ago, Eric W. Gray said:

Hey SkyTrekker !!

We are working on the Mooney STC, initially for the C, E, F, G  -  using a C model for the prototype... with our partners at US Sport Aircraft, in Addison.

It's a slow process even though the FAA is being VERY cooperative.

Stay tuned

- Eric -

Hi Eric,

Good to hear!  I'm in Waco, so only a 40 minute flight to Addison.  I may stop over at US Sport to say hi and show my support!

8 hours ago, MIm20c said:

If I hear one more time how VERY cooperative the FAA is...

Are you guys paid to say that?

sorry, rant off

We have seen tremendous progress from the FAA with respect to things like the G5 and AoA indicators.  They also seem to be taking a much softer approach on inadvertent violations.  Where have you been?

• Like 2

Just remarking on every time a rep from Dynon talks the above is mentioned almost verbatim. This is the case when I talked with the rep at osh when he said the 172 should be certified within a couple weeks. Again it was mentioned by both reps in the video they released a couple months ago.  I’m glad the relationship between the FAA and companies is working out well but it doesn’t need to be mentioned every time they talk from the two week estimate to one year and two weeks. Keep up the good work!

12 hours ago, MIm20c said:

If I hear one more time how VERY cooperative the FAA is...

Are you guys paid to say that?

sorry, rant off

I wish we WERE paid to say that. 
The fact is, in my 50+ years in aviation, I've never seen the Feds more interested in improving safety with advanced technologies, now becoming available at a reasonable price.

Eventually, most Mooneys will be on the Approved Model List (AML) and will be added with relative speed after we get the first approval for the C,E,F, G.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Eric W. Gray said:

I wish we WERE paid to say that. 
The fact is, in my 50+ years in aviation, I've never seen the Feds more interested in improving safety with advanced technologies, now becoming available at a reasonable price.

Eventually, most Mooneys will be on the Approved Model List (AML) and will be added with relative speed after we get the first approval for the C,E,F, G.

This is really nice to hear and it sounds like a unanimous opinion. My hope is the extra time needed to certify the 172 will mean less time between additional makes and models.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Eric W. Gray said:

Hey SkyTrekker !!

We are working on the Mooney STC, initially for the C, E, F, G  -  using a C model for the prototype... with our partners at US Sport Aircraft, in Addison.

Stay tuned

- Eric -

:-)

M20K!

@Eric Gray

Go ahead and add some background details for yourself.

We have two areas...

Your avatar Area is nicely filled in.  The second area is the signature line at the bottom.  You can include your corporate name and web site if you want to.

It is helpful for people like me to remember who you are...

The FAA is way forward of who they used to be... I was a young buck that carried illegal out dated charts...as back-up... my plan B was actually against the law... :)

Best regard,

-a-

Apparently one of my buddies was able to get the Skyview in his Baron.   Time for a lunch meet up since we are in the same FSDO area.    I have been reading the install manual seems straight forward install.   ADSB then followed with engine monitor with screen installed on the Co Pilot side is the plan.

Hey SkyTrekker !!

Stay tuned
- Eric -

1967 C model. Sign me up!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18 hours ago, carusoam said:

@Eric W. Gray

Can you tell us about the installation process..?

I see Dynon might be 'controlling' the installation process locally on the West Coast...?

Will There Be An East Coast installer as well?

Best regards,

-a-

I think only having 1 installation center or even 2 is going to be a huge problem.  Let's pretend they sell 1000 of them in first year, which I don't think is a huge number among the GA fleet.  With one installation center that works out to ballpark 4 installations per day.  That is a lot in this day and age. They will end up shooting themselves in the foot on the customer fulfillment issue. Maybe they are afraid of avionic shops biting off more than they can chew and affecting the dynon brand?  Just ramblings as I wonder what option I should take with my moritz gauges, KI-256 and king equipment and upcoming ADSB requirements.  I personally think this is a valid solution for me.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mark89114 said:

I think only having 1 installation center or even 2 is going to be a huge problem.  Let's pretend they sell 1000 of them in first year, which I don't think is a huge number among the GA fleet.  With one installation center that works out to ballpark 4 installations per day.  That is a lot in this day and age. They will end up shooting themselves in the foot on the customer fulfillment issue. Maybe they are afraid of avionic shops biting off more than they can chew and affecting the dynon brand?  Just ramblings as I wonder what option I should take with my moritz gauges, KI-256 and king equipment and upcoming ADSB requirements.  I personally think this is a valid solution for me.

This is a quote from their website:

"Installation will be available through a Dynon direct installation center in the Seattle area, as well as through a network of approved installers."

So for now it's just them.  As dealers get approved for installation there will be more of them.  Doesn't say where.

5 hours ago, Mark89114 said:

2 hours ago, Bob - S50 said:

This is a quote from their website:

"Installation will be available through a Dynon direct installation center in the Seattle area, as well as through a network of approved installers."

So for now it's just them.  As dealers get approved for installation there will be more of them.  Doesn't say where.

Dynon HQ, and those of us out in the field, are well aware of the tremendous demand that will occur when STC's are approved. We also understand the importance of quality control for safety, and brand reputation, so all Dynon Certified installation centers will be factory approved and monitored. Dynon is hoping to accomplish this with approximately eight facilities, strategically located across the Continental US and Alaska, but this number will probably increase. Geographical locations for customer convenience, while important, will not supersede the requirement for quality installations. Please bear with us as we embark on this daunting endeavor.

• Like 6