Landing lights

Vlakvark

Good Evening

Hope everyone is well. How do I adjust the landing lights on the M20K? The lights look like they have a specific way to get installed and tightend with 3screws. Left side is shining into the future and distance. The right side is shining onto the runway lights. 

Thanks JT

There should be adjustment screws on the back side that push against a ring that the bulb sits in.  I just readjusted mine with the cowl off. It would be difficult to do with the cowl on. I set the cowl so they shined vertically onto the ceiling of the hanger. Then I adjusted them to the spec “that looks about right” 

The 3 screws you see on the front hold the bulb retaining ring in place. 

The procedure that Clarence posted above looks like it is for wing mounted lights. The 231 (at least the early ones) have a cowl mounted lights with no access panel for adjustment. 

Cheers,

Dan

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DanM20C said:

There should be adjustment screws on the back side that push against a ring that the bulb sits in.  I just readjusted mine with the cowl off. It would be difficult to do with the cowl on. I set the cowl so they shined vertically onto the ceiling of the hanger. Then I adjusted them to the spec “that looks about right” 

The 3 screws you see on the front hold the bulb retaining ring in place. 

The procedure that Clarence posted above looks like it is for wing mounted lights. The 231 (at least the early ones) have a cowl mounted lights with no access panel for adjustment. 

Cheers,

Dan

So that will be the screws on the inside of the cowl. Will get it done tomorrow. Thanks

5 hours ago, DanM20C said:

Just get a stubby or palm screwdriver that you can use one-handed.  Unclip the cowl flaps and you should be able to reach them by feel.