Looking for a Radio

RLCarter

Not sure if this is where I should be posting or even if I should be. I have a friend needing a radio for his Cessna and he doesn’t have a lot of spare cash being a police officer with two small kids and a wife that just got her degree in education. The radio needed is a 300 Com/Nav RT-328T, which I believe is an original radio from Cessna. I’m not real savvy on avionics but from what I have gathered there are few slide-in replacements as well. So if you have one or a slide in replacement on a shelf somewhere let me know what you’ll take for it. Just trying to help a fellow pilot stay in the air...Thanks

16 minutes ago, cliffy said:

I believe Michel Radios makes a slide in Don't know the price

thats what i heard (TKM 300), i have found a few used ones in the 1200 to 1500 range but even they are out of his range for now. talked to him last thursday and he should be getting  some OT in Jan/Feb along with his tax return hopefully hell be able to find on then

Got this off another board

One thing that may or may not revive a 328 is to use contact cleaner on all of the plug in component sockets (there are lots of them). At the avionics shop I used to use, that is the first thing that they would do to an ARC before going any further. They would spray the sockets and then use tweezers to exercise the components vigorously in and out of the socket.