Video PIREP On Aeroleds Sunspot PAR46 LX Landing Light.

Bart Chilcott

2 hours ago, carusoam said:

WC,

That is Quite the creative video!

Nicely Done.

How else can you make an LED bulb actually interesting?  :)

Best regards,

-a-

I can think of a couple of ways.  Shadow puppets on the hangar wall or silhouettes of naked young ladies dancing in front of it.  The later might get me kicked off of Mooney Space though. So instead, you’re stuck with my mug explaining why I bought the thing. 

Edited by Whiskey Charlie
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Whiskey Charlie said:

I can think of a couple of ways.  Shadow puppets on the hangar wall or silhouettes of naked young ladies dancing in front of it.  The later might get me kicked off of Mooney Space though. So instead, you’re stuck with my mug explaining why I bought the thing. 

The latter would be interesting as long as they are not Maurader's girls. Seriously, nice video, makes me want to get one of those lights. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PTK said:

Very nicely done. Thank you Whiskey Charlie! I’m seriously thinking about the HX version of these lights. Curious why you didn’t’ go for the pulsating ones...

I gave the pulsating one (HX) serious thought.  I probably should have gone that route but as bright as the light is, it seems like it would be hard to miss even if it weren’t pulsating so I decided to stay with the less expensive version.  

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Whiskey Charlie said:

I gave the pulsating one (HX) serious thought.  I probably should have gone that route but as bright as the light is, it seems like it would be hard to miss even if it weren’t pulsating so I decided to stay with the less expensive version.  

Yes, I was going to ask you the same question. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for sharing. I replaced my incandescent bulb with the Whelen Parmetheus (not the plus) about 3 years ago. While it much better with little electrical draw, it's nothing like what I see in your video; that's really impressive. I've been thinking about replacing it and the Aeroleds Sunspot like you have is at the top of my list. From the research I've done this seems to be the brightest available. I just haven't been able to get past the $650 price tag but after watching your video I think I just did.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, kevinw said:

Thanks for sharing. I replaced my incandescent bulb with the Whelen Parmetheus (not the plus) about 3 years ago. While it much better with little electrical draw, it's nothing like what I see in your video; that's really impressive. I've been thinking about replacing it and the Aeroleds Sunspot like you have is at the top of my list. From the research I've done this seems to be the brightest available. I just haven't been able to get past the $650 price tag but after watching your video I think I just did.

I have a merchant account with Aircraft Spruce and get 10% off on AeroLeds and would be happy to pass on the discount to you. 

17 minutes ago, LANCECASPER said:

I have a merchant account with Aircraft Spruce and get 10% off on AeroLeds and would be happy to pass on the discount to you. 

Thanks Lance, I will definitely take you up on that. How exactly does this work when ordering?

5 minutes ago, kevinw said:

Thanks Lance, I will definitely take you up on that. How exactly does this work when ordering?

I send you the Aircraft Spruce quote. You can pay me directly by Paypal (Friends and Family). I order it immediately and have it shipped to you. They give me free shipping on any order $180 and above.

5a469e490a6d7_ScreenShot2017-12-29at1_57_33PM.thumb.png.321e07b82406953e98a59499da11ac97.png

• Like 2