Pre Buy Mechanic Nr Hartford, CT

Mike@Loves

2 hours ago, Mike@Loves said:

Can anyone recommend an experienced mechanic for a Pre Buy near Hartford, CT?

I’m based out of Oxford.  Give us a little more info...like vintage of aircraft and how extensive a prebuy you are looking for.  Feel free to drop a PM and I would be happy to talk too.

Well, my shop (Reliant) at Danbury (KDXR) maintains my Ovation, a "J" and a "C" as well as some other brands' piston planes and does a good job. Head of Maintenance for Reliant (Steve Disorbo) has a great reputation. At my 1st annual he found a number of things that the MSC that did my "pre-buy into Annual"  hadn't found.

There is a MSC at Norwood (OWD) MA but I have no experience with them.

Robert

• Like 1

On 12/9/2017 at 8:40 AM, Mike@Loves said:

The aircraft is an Eagle, 1999, based at Turner Falls. I am going to view the aircraft next week, so after that I will have a better idea of how extensive the Pre Buy will need to be.

damn. I was looking at that same eagle.

5 hours ago, Mike@Loves said:

Thanks for the recommendations, unfortunately I decided not to go ahead.

Anyone know where there is a nice Eagle or early Ovation?

May i ask why? I was looking at this eagle and another one. Was there anything bad on this eagle?

P.S. i dont know if this is considered rude to ask, so if any of you find this question offensive ill take it down.

Hi Niko,

As you know buying an aircraft is a very personal activity. We all look for different attributes. If you would like you can PM me as I don't think that I want an open discussion on a third party aircraft. I have seen this before on this forum and it usually does not benefit anyone.

Still looking for an early Ovation or Eagle.