mike_elliott

Mooney Formation Flying Clinic KECP March 23-25, 2018  

15 members have voted

1. 1. If we have a Mooney Caravan Formation March 23-25 at KECP, would you want to attend and participate ?

We are in the process of planning a Formation Flying Clinic at KECP. In order to do this, we need to have a fairly accurate idea of how many people would like to participate in a Formation Flight clinic in order to be qualified to participate in the Mooney Caravan and the Formation flying Demonstration at the Mooney Summit VI. We need this info to plan for Safety pilots, etc. While this is not part of the Mooney Summit, we have heard from so many of you that you would like to have a clinic in Florida, we have engaged the proper people and it looks like it can be a reality. 

LOL, I'm sure they won't even notice.

I need to get over to Kerrville while I am here, it is a short (ish) drive about a hour and a half.  The Mooney is hanging out in its hangar, fresh off its annual, back in Florida.

• Like 1

So...for those that want to participate in the Mooney  Formation Flying Clinic in Panama City Beach, Fl from March 23-25, I will gladly give all those pilots free accomidations at my condo's at Origin. Mike and I feel that flight experience and education as well as advancing flight skills are paramount importance and anything we can do to help this cause we will do.

I will need a head count on those that can attend so I can reserve the condo's. This is not the Mooney Summit but specific to the formation flight clinic. The Mooney Summit will be from Sept 27 -30, 2018 at Panama City Beach

Ron Dubin

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 12/5/2017 at 8:40 PM, rocketman said:

So...for those that want to participate in the Mooney  Formation Flying Clinic in Panama City Beach, Fl from March 23-25, I will gladly give all those pilots free accomidations at my condo's at Origin. Mike and I feel that flight experience and education as well as advancing flight skills are paramount importance and anything we can do to help this cause we will do.

I will need a head count on those that can attend so I can reserve the condo's. This is not the Mooney Summit but specific to the formation flight clinic. The Mooney Summit will be from Sept 27 -30, 2018 at Panama City Beach

Ron Dubin

Ron, please hold a unit for Nancy and me. If the plane is going to be in the paint shop by then I'll let you know.

Thanks! Bob 

6 hours ago, mike_elliott said:

All, I have recruited Mr.@Bob_Belville to be our point person on the formation flying clinic. He will be reaching out to everyone who has expressed an interest to me with details soon. Thanks for taking this on, Bob!

Thanks @mike_elliott @rocketman for all you do to "better the breed". It appears that there is pretty strong interest for this clinic and the number of available Safety Pilots will turn out to be the limiting factor. We'll probably want to give priority to folks based in the SouthEast with the hope that an independent Caravan group can be established. (I'm a loyal member of the fast growing MAG group - Mid Atlantic Group - with member strung from NY to SC. Nancy and I have flown into KOSH with the Caravan the last 2 years and we're confident that this is the way to go to make AirVenture even more fun... and safe.)

If someone here could pass the date of the Panama City clinic on to the Florida Mooney Breakfast group it would be helpful in getting out the word. 

Any comments or questions? I am assured that this Clinic, which is a MAG event, will be up on the Mooney Caravan web site today and that you can contact Jim Rigoulot who is the MAG coordinator through the web site.

6 hours ago, mike_elliott said:

All, I have recruited Mr.@Bob_Belville to be our point person on the formation flying clinic. He will be reaching out to everyone who has expressed an interest to me with details soon. Thanks for taking this on, Bob!

Clarification, Jim Rigoulot (Gyrene on MS) is the MAG coordinator for the ECP Clinic, a MAG event. He will be posting contact info here and asks that folks visit the Caravan website for info. http://www.mooneycaravan.com/

I would emphasize that Jim will be of necessity, mostly due to the limited number of Safety Pilots available, be giving preference to folks from Florida and adjacent states. There will be other clinics around the country qualifying pilots to fly Caravan into AirVenture. These should be on the Caravan website calendar as dates and places are set.