Cool short video of Airbus A380 Engine Nacelle Strake Generating Vortex

TargetDriver

I had occasion to fly out of Heathrow a month ago on an Airbus A380 giant.  After we broke ground on the climb out I shot this cool video of the left inboard engine's nacelle strake generating its vortex trail back over the wing. I was surprised at the boundary layer thickness.  It's hard to scale due to the size of the wing but there was actually about 2 feet between the wing and the trail.  Thought everyone would enjoy some pilot-aero geek stuff.  Sorry it wasn't edited better.

• Like 2

Haha  yea, sorry about the final crotch shot at the end!  Always being the pilot and gawking out the window at all the big flappy moving parts of the wing, I was caught off guard by seein gthat at first.. then I thought of crap !!  PHONE - VIDEO !   I work with a group of Aero Engineers and thought they'd get a kick out of analyzing the heck out of that.  The more I watched it, the cooler it was.  :)     yes, the airflow is impressive for sure !