Recommend me a new insurance broker

FloridaMan

Why leave? I've had good luck with Falcon. 

However, never needed to put in a claim. 

I was the other party once in a Starr claim that went well.

Air Capital is nice too. They were the only ones that could do a 5m liability policy on a 200k airplane. My Dads Taylorcraft is currently insured thru them.

They all use the same underwriters.

Currently, the lowest cost underwriter is Global. They have the best rates.

Both Air Capital and Falcon were going to charge the same rate. 

ACI contact below.

Mary Anna Norton

General Aviation Manager

Office: 316-858-1999 

Direct: 316-858-0627

Fax: 316-491-2245

7 minutes ago, MB65E said:

Why leave? I've had good luck with Falcon. 

However, never needed to put in a claim. 

I was the other party once in a Starr claim that went well.

Air Capital is nice too. They were the only ones that could do a 5m liability policy on a 200k airplane. My Dads Taylorcraft is currently insured thru them.

They all use the same underwriters.

Currently, the lowest cost underwriter is Global. They have the best rates.

Both Air Capital and Falcon were going to charge the same rate. 

ACI contact below.

Mary Anna Norton

General Aviation Manager

Office: 316-858-1999 

Direct: 316-858-0627

Fax: 316-491-2245

Had Global handle a hail claim for me. Great adjuster that not only cut the check, but organized the repairs with a great shop and stayed on top of everything from the start.

2 hours ago, Two7Victor said:

I just changed from Falcon to BWIFLY.com because the price was about 1/2 what Falcon quoted on my renewal.  I had no claims and more hours now but Falcon still wanted a significant increase over last year.

Remember, Falcon (nor any other broker) decides what to "quote". They get quotes from insurance carriers and pass those quotes on to you.

Along these lines, I'm sure that answers will vary, but I'd guess that different brokers cater to "different" customers.  Some might find the best rates for bazillion-hour ATPs, while others might find the best rates for student pilots.  Also, I'm sure the answers will be different for different model Mooneys, as replacement costs will vary.

So, would it be appropriate to ask what everyone pays, along with experience and model?  Or is that too personal?

• 2 weeks later...

I have recently had a client with a new M20V get insurance for 5 days only while in the US. I have never seen an insurance agency take care of the issues presented with more professionalism. Please consider Tom. His team is stellar

Tom Hauge

Wings Insurance

612-578-5055

On 11/29/2017 at 12:59 PM, EricJ said:

One of the founders is a personal friend and I insure my airplane with them:

https://airpowerinsurance.com/

+1 for Airpower!  Every year they make it simple!  

I called TJ about 7 years ago, while working in Phoenix for about 4 months.  We had lunch, a chat about insurance options, flying & business.  He gave me a source for a hangar, without a wait and someone to do an owner assist annual while I was transient.  The went the extra mile, just to help out!

Edited by Bob