Door Slide is Sticking....Help?

AaronDC8402

Had the same problem with the entry door and baggage door.  I tried a few diffferent sprays and none lasted very long.  I was on the road, actually at Oshkosh and it started sticking again.  The only thing I had available was engine oil.  I wiped on a bit with my finger.  As of yesterday, both doors are still working smoothly.

• Like 1

I had never heard of Triflow. A little Googling revealed it's a bicycle lube product. We have a few bicycle enthusiasts in the office, and they enlightened me on it's usefulness. None of those guys had any with them today though, and I do have engine oil in the hangar. A few well-placed drops of that has done the trick. If it becomes a problem again soon, I'll try the Triflow stuff.

Feeling inspired by the refreshing of the door slider, I also tried a little on the overcenter mechanism on the fuel caps. Man, I've been trying way too hard with those things. They move like butter now too.

Thanks for all the help!

51 minutes ago, Hank said:

Make sure the thin metal pieces aren't bent. There are a couple of tapered bearings that should be inside, too.

No bends yet. Where are the tapered bearings? It looks like two pieces of flat metal that slide together. One of the pieces has a couple of "wings" folded around the other as a guide.