New Brittain Retractable Step Servo Boot

Hello All -

My partner and I purchased our 1968 M20F back in June of this year and the prior owner indicated that the retractable step servo boot had been patched but was in rough shape.  He also conveyed that he had been placed on Brittain's backorder list (more than a year ago) for the servo boots for when they started making them again, but he and others indicated it could be quite a while.  We recently received communication from Brittain that they were producing and shipping the new parts now and asking if we were still interested.  I was wondering if anyone has already recieved their new servo boot and had any reviews on them.  Apparently Brittain is insisting you ship the old servo unit to them and they will ship the unit back to you with new components (boot and perhaps others?).

Thanks!

I replaced the servo on my '66E about 5 years ago, when they were still available, and that was the process. As I recall there was some FAA reason they could not sell the rubber boot alone. But I may be mis-remembering the details.

I would not hesitate to deal with Brittain, they're good folks. 

11 hours ago, RLCarter said:

Did they give you price and turn around time? I was able to find a NOS servo boot and get my step repaired, would have gladly sent it in if Brittian would of had the part

Calling those on list as they have available.  .2AMUish on price for servo.

11 minutes ago, MyNameIsNobody said:

Calling those on list as they have available.  .2AMUish on price for servo.

Not sure where I was on the list but Brittian called on the 10th, as mine was already repaired I had them remove me so the next guy could get in line

• Like 1