Seattle Avionics Black Friday subscription sale

Shadrach

I have the FlyQ lifetime IFR subscription that is paying for itself now (bought mine in 2013).  With certain apps constantly raising the prices for their subscriptions, it was a no brainer for me.  I got an email from Seattle Avionics this morning basically saying that the lifetime subscriptions are capped at a certain amount and once its reached, no more will be offered.  Makes sense from a business perspective. 

I've had zero issues with mine and they are continually upgrading just like the other apps.

Cheers,

Brian 

• Like 1

Every year or so I put off this decision for another year....

If you are going to fly cross country as part of your future.  It makes sense...

If fear of Seattle Avionics not being the goto company for charts... they are the chart resource on my WingX.  They own the blue dot on the approach plate....

Worst case....   One day, I may go all Big G.... does Seattle support any of that?

If nothing else... a blue dot on my iPhone in an emergency approach would make my day....

PP thoughts only, not IFR current anymore...

Best regards,

-a-

7 hours ago, carusoam said:

Every year or so I put off this decision for another year....

If you are going to fly cross country as part of your future.  It makes sense...

If fear of Seattle Avionics not being the goto company for charts... they are the chart resource on my WingX.  They own the blue dot on the approach plate....

Worst case....   One day, I may go all Big G.... does Seattle support any of that?

If nothing else... a blue dot on my iPhone in an emergency approach would make my day....

PP thoughts only, not IFR current anymore...

Best regards,

-a-

Seattle is getting ready to release a full feature FlyQ EFB for the iPhone in the next couple of weeks. Been waiting for that for awhile.  That was their big announcement last week along with some upgrades to FlyQ overall.  :)

Garmin doesn't play well with anyone except Garmin.  Seattle is the #3 EFB app and provides support to a lot of other companies (besides Garmin) out there, so I'm not too worried about them going out of business anytime soon.  I put in the Lynx NGT-9000 for this reason versus the Garmin GTX series.  Won't connect to FlyQ or any other brand that I'm aware of except Garmin Pilot.  It isn't for a lack of trying on Seattle's part, they keep reaching out to Garmin, but....

Cheers,

Brian

• Like 1

I admit, I'm a total ForeFlight fanboy. But the continued increase in subscription costs have started to get annoying. So I've jumped on the SA bandwagon and purchased the lifetime subscription on the blackfriday special. I figure that even if I hate it (doubtful) and go back to ForeFlight, the money wasted is no different than continuing with ForeFlight and missing out on this last BlackFriday special from SA.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J0nathan225 said:

When does this end? Army isn't paying for my FF anymore, time to jump off that golden priced ship. 

Here is an email I got from their CEO (Thanks Steve for donating a lifetime sub to the Mooney Summit's raffle!)

This ought to fix you up...

We really value Lifetime subscribers like you!  Thanks so much for going with us and FlyQ EFB. I hope you feel you're getting great value from it.

If so, I'd like to ask a favor....  

As you know, we've been offering Lifetime FlyQ EFB subscriptions during Black Friday for a few years.  But it doesn't make sense for us to offer it after this Black Friday (see below for why).  Still, we suspect you've told your friends about FlyQ and the great deal you got. So, before we end the offer, we'd like you to let your friends in on the deal.  We call it Black Friday for Friends (or BFF for short).

Basically, just tell them to go https://seattleavionics.com/BFF to get the deal.  It's $299 for Lifetime VFR or $399 for Lifetime IFR + VFR.  I put some links about FlyQ EFB into this email if you want to forward this to them.

So why the change? Well, we've been in business for 14 years, profitable, and the last few have been really good -- this year may be an all-time record, esp. with the announcement of FlyQ EFB 3.0 for the iPhone and new FlyQ Online for PC and Mac. When we began selling the Lifetime subscriptions, management agreed to limit the total number to something sustainable since too much of a good thing can become a bad thing. We're close to that limit now. Likewise, we're also likely to have fewer aggressive sales in the future as our prices are already lower than The Other Guys (who seem to keep raising their prices and focus more on high-end corporate jet and commercial pilots).

BTW -- if you missed the info on FlyQ EFB 3.0 or on the new version of FlyQ Online, you should take a look. Really major releases. Links to the full presentation and just the highlights below:

General info about FlyQ EFB:

Sincerely,
Steve Podradchik
CEO

Appreciate it, I just spent 30mins messing with the trial its nearly as fluid and very similar (I'm sure they all are really) I bit the bullet on the Merlin and the $399VFR/IFR subscription. No more D-Flips from FF, but I can rock the paper stuff in the blackhawk when required. 

Thanks for the info on this, I was looking at getting a stratus 2S for the Holidays, but I think this is a MUCH better deal. 

14 minutes ago, J0nathan225 said:

Appreciate it, I just spent 30mins messing with the trial its nearly as fluid and very similar (I'm sure they all are really) I bit the bullet on the Merlin and the $399VFR/IFR subscription. No more D-Flips from FF, but I can rock the paper stuff in the blackhawk when required. 

Thanks for the info on this, I was looking at getting a stratus 2S for the Holidays, but I think this is a MUCH better deal. 

Agree.  I might just get the Merlin as a back-up.  Sold my Stratus 2 (v.1 software) when the NGT-9000 went in, but now I'm thinking I still want some other insurance handy. 

It is nice seeing an expiration date of 2097 on the subscription page when I go to settings though.... :lol:

Cheers,
Brian

3 hours ago, gsxrpilot said:

I admit, I'm a total ForeFlight fanboy. But the continued increase in subscription costs have started to get annoying. So I've jumped on the SA bandwagon and purchased the lifetime subscription on the blackfriday special. I figure that even if I hate it (doubtful) and go back to ForeFlight, the money wasted is no different than continuing with ForeFlight and missing out on this last BlackFriday special from SA.

Also try FltPlan Go. It is free and very feature rich.

• Like 1

I bought the lifetime subscription in 2013.  Love it.  I Love how one company is focused on GA, and in particular- private pilots in GA... not the 1MM+ pro pilots that probably aren’t paying for their own subscriptions anyway.  Foreflight is totally focused on enterprise (IMO) and could care less about us “little guys.”  Their loss... personally, I find FlyQ to be easier to use and more intuitive (I had/have foreflight for “free” through work- not a fan).

Seattle avionics “Gets it.”  Now, if only they would start producing NavData for avidyne’s... let’s make GA Great again.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1