New paint job...what do you think?

Mooneymite

They are just getting finished with the new hangers at Jack Edwards. I was hoping to have mine done down there...Don't know the locals well enough yet,  but hope to get my hanger epoxied before we bring the plane down. Looks very sharp and much easier to keep clean.

Good job, looks great!

-Tom

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tigers2007 said:

How many AMU? I was looking at some epoxy kits at menards to do my 1200sq ft garage with.

That's a secret I will carry to my grave...:ph34r:

My wife thinks it was an exhorbitant $500.  :ph34r:

The first floor paint was a disaster I hated for 20 (long) years.  I won't say how much the new floor was, but about half the cost was grinding off the old floor.

But....think how much I SAVED by having my own hangar for 20 years!  :rolleyes:

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Mooneymite said:

My wife thinks it was an exhorbitant $500.

I just had two locker rooms done at my business..I know what that runs typically a sq ft. in this area.

You BETTER hope she never finds the receipt... lol  :) 

• Like 1

Just now, TWinter said:

You BETTER hope she never finds the receipt... lol  :) 

Actually....  she was in on the project from the beginning.  She hated the old floor as much as I did.

Note to all:  don't try to save a few bucks when you do your floor. An ugly floor will last a long time.   :wacko:

• Like 3

My son was able to get a contractor friend to procure some of the commercial grade stuff for his 3-Car garage.  I helped him and his friends apply the coating.  It was a lot of effort to prep and to get down correctly and leveled in the short working time.  I see why they recommend having professionals do it.  Looks great though.  I would like to do my hangar but 2,500  sq ft of that stuff is expensive!  Lee

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, MIm20c said:

Does this mean use professionals or buy better materials?  Some jobs it pays to hire out. 

We talked to several contractors...  some do all sorts of things, not just epoxy floors.  I ended up using a company that specializes in concrete finishes.  We talked about various processes like polished concrete, but ended up with a high solids content epoxy product which is only slightly more expensive than gold.

I'll give a full review in 20 years.

Lee, my floor is 2500 sq ft.

14 hours ago, Mooneymite said:

That's a secret I will carry to my grave...:ph34r:

My wife thinks it was an exhorbitant $500.  :ph34r:

The first floor paint was a disaster I hated for 20 (long) years.  I won't say how much the new floor was, but about half the cost was grinding off the old floor.

But....think how much I SAVED by having my own hangar for 20 years!  :rolleyes:

"Martha, you deserve the best........" 

Well played, Gus!

• Haha 1

"For just pennies a day you could make a difference in a Mooney childs life...(me)  ...adopt a pilot child and bring joy to a poor pilots life today"  (still me)     Daaaad,  I promise to love your new floor, feed it wax, pet it all the time with a new broom, and clean it and love it ....   I promise !!   :) 

Beautiful job.. so when's the fly in pilot breakfast ?? 

• Like 1