Flying in Hawaii

Tx_Aggie

Good evening friends,

Someone posted not too long ago about renting a plane in Hawaii and going up with a local instructor to see the island(s). I remember thinking about this as such a novel idea. My wife and I have decided to head to Oahu in January and I'd like to reach out to whoever posted that message to see whether their experience was worth it or not, who they used and who they'd recommend.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

My kids and I rented a 172 from Georges Aviation https://www.georgesaviation.com/ and flew around the whole island of Oahu.  I highly recommend them.   Georges is located right on HNL so it is very convenient if you are staying in Waikiki.  The flight around the island was about 1.5 on the hobbs, this included a landing at Rogers (old Barbers Point NAS) so my son and I could switch seats (we each were able to log PIC and landings in Hawaii).  We had their instructor fly with us which really made it easy as he new all the local procedures (freeway departure, vfr position reports as you fly around the island, etc.). 

IMG_5907.thumb.JPG.59107ef266351900d8ccf5f7fbb773de.JPGIMG_3472.thumb.JPG.46334dba72f3b6f12e9e3866b92a1f35.JPG

IMG_7840.JPG

• Like 1

I rented an 172 on the big island and flew around the big island with the instructor. Very cool.  I personally would have destroyed the names of fields over the radio.

It was a very memorable flight from lava to whales to the most souther point of the Hawaiian islands, to the beauty of it all.

I highly recommend a similar experience.  We flew out of Kona, HI.  

-Seth

• Like 1

My kids and I rented a 172 from Georges Aviation https://www.georgesaviation.com/ and flew around the whole island of Oahu.  I highly recommend them.   Georges is located right on HNL so it is very convenient if you are staying in Waikiki.  The flight around the island was about 1.5 on the hobbs, this included a landing at Rogers (old Barbers Point NAS) so my son and I could switch seats (we each were able to log PIC and landings in Hawaii).  We had their instructor fly with us which really made it easy as he new all the local procedures (freeway departure, vfr position reports as you fly around the island, etc.). 
IMG_5907.thumb.JPG.59107ef266351900d8ccf5f7fbb773de.JPGIMG_3472.thumb.JPG.46334dba72f3b6f12e9e3866b92a1f35.JPG
IMG_7840.thumb.JPG.ee74abd0f870327ea13038ec5b556e75.JPG

Exactly what I was looking for, thanks!

I did it back in 82. It was great. I got to do touch and goes on Ford Island NAS. Downwind was right over the Arizona Memorial. The water was so clear you could see the whole ship under water. 

After the checkout I got my girlfriend and took her for an air tour of the island.

Very cool!

Good evening friends,
Someone posted not too long ago about renting a plane in Hawaii and going up with a local instructor to see the island(s). I remember thinking about this as such a novel idea. My wife and I have decided to head to Oahu in January and I'd like to reach out to whoever posted that message to see whether their experience was worth it or not, who they used and who they'd recommend.
Thanks!

I posted about my wife and my experience on the mooney FB group this summer. If you're going to the island of Kauai, we couldnt have been more pleased with wings over kauai
https://g.co/kgs/LTUQA3

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 1