Popped rivets and buckled skins

Browncbr1

I scrubbed flying up to Ohio yesterday due to the high and gusty surface winds and expected turbulence.  I came up today without any problems, but sitting here at the in-laws with nothing to do, I started thinking about popped rivets and buckled skins I’ve heard about when some planes encounter heavy turbulence.  I searched and couldn’t find any pictures or detailed discussion.    

My wing has the typical dimples around rivets all over the wing, but just wondering at what point is a skin referred to as being buckled?   I know there is guidance on fuel tank leaks, seeps, etc.   but what about skins?   I saw a thread about someone who flew through red precip and came out with two popped wing rivets.   What does it look like and what areas should be inspected closely periodically?   At the skin seams? Anyone with photos?