Huddy - this looks useful

aviatoreb

I spent some time playing with that product at SEMA a few weeks ago.  I was thinking it would be great for my glareshield.  However, I was not that impressed with it.  That, and it may or may not support foreflight.  You have to use their apps to display the data, I think FF probably has too much going on.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, N201MKTurbo said:

It would be cool if they made one for foreflight!

You short windshield people (and you know who you are) will need to put in a 201 windshield.

I think it would work fine in foreflight at least in synth vis mode - on a cell phone.  For twenty five bucks, I might give this thing a test drive.

Please do and let us know how it goes!

I've been getting ads from this one or a competitor and when I looked at it I saw quite a few reviews that didn't like the s/w app you need and even more who said you couldn't see it in bright daylight. So i dropped it from my Christmas list but am happy to have my mind changed :)

Robert

The thought is a good but instead coming up with a mini led projector that uses apple screen mirroring to do the same thing.  That would provide enough power to be viewable in adverse conditions. 

Edit: I need to get cranking on this to have it ready for action OSH ‘18

• Like 2