Engine out glide distance

jackn

22 hours ago, TargetDriver said:

CNOE,

I apologize for taking this thread sideways for a moment, but I've bought the JPI 830 and its waiting for me to get home and get it installed (might try it myself) in a couple weeks. My K Model is all virgin with the Silver Crown stack so this will be its first modern upgrade.  I've seen guys posting their graphs as you have.  Where are you getting that software? Does it come with the 830 and is loadable to read the downloaded data?  I've done a lot of engineering flight testing but not in the GA world so looking forward to having this amount of data from my plane.  Thanks

No apology necessary. JPI provides software to analyze your monitor's data but it's quite atrocious.

Alternatively you can upload it to SavvyAnalysis' website and customize your own graphs quite easily. It's free to do this.

Many of us (myself included) subscribe to their service where all my data is monitored on a continual basis for such things as pending exhaust-valve failure and they'll notify you promptly in such an instance. You can also query them for further analysis anytime you suspect an anomaly in your data. They also provide a quarterly (?) report card comparing your plane's parameters to the fleet (there are currently 176 M20J/F models in their database). This is great information. Lastly, we also have a great resource on Mooneyspace who is an analyst for Savvy by the name of Paul Kortopates (name corrected now).

I didn't intend this to be an advertisement for Savvy but I'm sold on their services.

cnoe

P.S. If you tie your 830 into a GPS source it greatly enhances the available data. I highly recommend doing that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Fantastic, thank you for the info on the Savvy site. I'll definitely hook up with that to put the 830 info to full use. As for GPS source.... I understand the importance of that for sure, just not sure which way to go.  I'm thinking since all my stack is original, most everything's going to have to be changed at once to be cost effective. I've scoured over dozens of threads here on ADS-B, GPS/Radios, Comm panels...  It doesn't make sense to me to have the panel ripped out just to put in a GPS, or even an older one like a 430W, Garmin or Avidyne, and then later have to go backin for the ADS-B update.  I want the 830 in now but will most likely have to tie it in to the new GPS later in the spring. 

It seems much easier for most guys that already have one or the other GPS, maybe a G 430 or 530 to upgrade to the GTN's or Avi's, but I'm starting with zero modern. Decisions, decisions.