Amelia Earhart Luncheon ; Birmingham ,Al

sleepingsquirrel

I thought this might be of interest to the Mooney community, This would be Birmingham ,Alabama.

Would any of you, please forward this to the Mooney Owners Association as well.

"The Amelia Earhart Luncheon
> is an annual event that helps educate the public about
> aviation and aerospace hosted by the Alabama 99 and the
> Zonta Club of Birmingham. The 2018 speaker is CarolAnn
> Garratt. Ms. Garratt has a world record for circumnavigating
> the earth in 8 and half days in her J-Model Mooney, all for
> ALS (Lou Gehrig’s Disease). To date, she has
> circumnavigated the globe three times and taken ALS
> awareness to new heights with her aerial accomplishments.
> Tickets are $30. All proceeds from the lunch to the Amelia
> Earhart Birthplace Museum in Atchinson,
> Kansas."  If anyone is interested
> contact Nancy Swanner at ngswanner@gmail.com
> or 256-656-2656.

Around_the_World_For_ALS.pdf

Edited by sleepingsquirrel

3 hours ago, Hank said:

Long time no see, Squirrel!

When is this? Where in B'ham? That's only ~30-40 Mooney minutes away . . . .

I've been busy retiring. Closing and handing off my responsibilities to my new manager. The Southern Flight Museum is right at the B'ham airport entrance.

I am retiring after 35 years in Medical Equipment Management. I worked for 5 years in upstate New York and have been employed with my current hospital for 30 years. It has been my pleasure to train many of our younger technicians to fill the space I will leave. I am confident that these young men will find their passion in the business of healthcare technology management just as I have.

I will be spending a great deal of time with my three wonderful grandchildren as well as attending to my hobbies, flying ,sailing and sleeping. . . .

In the words of Douglas Adams,

"So long and thanks for all the fish",

So the time has finally arrived and I have two days this week for a retirement reception and farewells.
My wife wasted no time ,since my calendar is open, as we are leaving New Orleans on a cruise for 9 days. I have over 11,000 nautical miles under my keel but never as a passenger. She says I will enjoy it. I did sign us up for sailing on Stars and Stripes in Cozumel.
She has also reminded me of all the projects I've neglected for the last 30 years because I was WORKING.
Never having done this before it feels like my first parachute jump, you know you have prepared well,others have done it and survived, just step off, arch and let gravity do its thing!

Last edited by sleepingsquirrel; 11-18-2017 at 07:36 AM.
sleepingsquirrel is invisibleReport Post   progress.gifEdit/Delete Message Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message

21 hours ago, sleepingsquirrel said:

I thought this might be of interest to the Mooney community, This would be Birmingham ,Alabama.

Would any of you, please forward this to the Mooney Owners Association as well.

"The Amelia Earhart Luncheon
> is an annual event that helps educate the public about
> aviation and aerospace hosted by the Alabama 99 and the
> Zonta Club of Birmingham. The 2018 speaker is CarolAnn
> Garratt. Ms. Garratt has a world record for circumnavigating
> the earth in 8 and half days in her J-Model Mooney, all for
> ALS (Lou Gehrig’s Disease). To date, she has
> circumnavigated the globe three times and taken ALS
> awareness to new heights with her aerial accomplishments.
> Tickets are $30. All proceeds from the lunch to the Amelia
> Earhart Birthplace Museum in Atchinson,
> Kansas."  If anyone is interested
> contact Nancy Swanner at ngswanner@gmail.com
> or 256-656-2656.

Around_the_World_For_ALS.pdf

I just flew CarolAnn's J model back to her Monday after watching over it since May, including running from IRMA in N220FC while she traveled to Europe, Africa and Guatemala. We spent a bit of time getting her current again on approaches and having her knock some rust off from being away from flying so long. She is an absolutely delightful person and gives a great presentation on her experiences. She lost her mom to ALS.  If you haven't met her and heard her speak, dont miss the opportunity to acquaint yourself to our real life Ameilia.  She truly is one of aviations' gems and one of my real life hero's

• Like 1