passenger seatbelt of doom

TheTurtle

On 11/20/2017 at 6:51 AM, Browncbr1 said:

you can remove the latch side of the buckle from the seat and reinstall it backwards so that the latch lifts toward the seat rather than out.... If both seat belts are done this way, the center area is free and clear and you don't hit anything...  Of course, that doesn't change my waiving my arm around and pushing passenger feet, jackets and whatever else out of the way before swinging gear.   Generally, you're going to get flying elbows and scolded if you sit to close to me right before GUMPS!  my regular pax know to get the hell out of the way when reaching TPA... My dad still hasn't gotten it through his head though... 

I understand how it helps avoid accidental unlatching, but have you considered what will happen in an off field landing where you might end upside down hanging from your belt unable to unlatch it? Add in the chance of fire and the need to get out asap. 

1 hour ago, kortopates said:

I understand how it helps avoid accidental unlatching, but have you considered what will happen in an off field landing where you might end upside down hanging from your belt unable to unlatch it? Add in the chance of fire and the need to get out asap. 

These are good things to consider for anyone thinking of doing this.