At least he was a gentleman...

HRM

Pilot admits running brothels

A former United Airlines pilot has been placed on five years of deferred adjudication probation after pleading guilty to running about a half dozen brothels in the Houston area.

Besides probation, state District Judge Jim Wallace ordered 53-year-old Bruce Wayne Wallis to pay a $2,000 fine and perform 150 hours of community service. He suggested the service be at a women’s shelter.

Wallis was suspended by United in 2015 after he was charged with aggravated promotion of prostitution and engaging in criminal activity. Prosecutors said he made about $400 a week from six to 10 women at each of the brothels that were at apartments and office buildings.

The Houston Chronicle reported the judge said Thursday what Wallis did was despicable, but that he didn’t coerce any of the prostitutes.

5 minutes ago, aviatoreb said:

Hmmmm.... I can't remember what my FAR says on this particular issue.  Will he be able to continue with his certificated flying even if not paid?

Depends. Is there a morals clause buried in there somewhere under Pilot Qualifications? 

12 minutes ago, Hank said:

Depends. Is there a morals clause buried in there somewhere under Pilot Qualifications

As a matter of fact....General eligibility guidelines for qualifying for an ATP under FAR part 61.153 (c) “Be of good moral character” is straight out of the reg. I’m sure that statement has been challenged a few times over the years. 

39 minutes ago, Mark89114 said:

Only $400 per week?  That is walking around money.  Must not be a very good businessman.  Or is that per working lady?

The way it's written, I think $400/week at each of "about half-dozen brothels".  So that would be maybe $125k/yr?

1 hour ago, Garryowen said:

As a matter of fact....General eligibility guidelines for qualifying for an ATP under FAR part 61.153 (c) “Be of good moral character” is straight out of the reg. I’m sure that statement has been challenged a few times over the years. 

So his side job was shutdown, and he could lose his ATP and regular job. No mention of his Private, Commercial, etc., so he'll just need to fly for a different company . . . or meet some more "ladies"?  :lol:

Edited by Hank

4 hours ago, Garryowen said:

I will have to look for the article but the FAA is on record this week saying they are not in the business of policing morality.  This was in reference to the penis that was drawn over Washington.

• Like 1

So...if he decides to get into politics by flying hookers to politicians, can he do it with his commercial or will he need that ATP?  Technically would he be getting paid by the politician to fly the hooker to him (need the ATP for that) or by the hooker as his employee, and she's just hitching a ride to wherever he happens to be flying to?    another business opportunity  :)   ...kinda like an upscale pizza delivery service , only ....  ?     Or, if he flies to pick up the politician and takes him for a "pleasure flight"... what state legal jurisdiction on prostitution will apply, or would none of them since its in the air the entire time ?   yet another possible business opportunity ?   :) 

2 hours ago, TargetDriver said:

So...if he decides to get into politics by flying hookers to politicians, can he do it with his commercial or will he need that ATP?  Technically would he be getting paid by the politician to fly the hooker to him (need the ATP for that) or by the hooker as his employee, and she's just hitching a ride to wherever he happens to be flying to?    another business opportunity  :)   ...kinda like an upscale pizza delivery service , only ....  ?     Or, if he flies to pick up the politician and takes him for a "pleasure flight"... what state legal jurisdiction on prostitution will apply, or would none of them since its in the air the entire time ?   yet another possible business opportunity ?   :) 

I recall there actually was a legitimate flying business for "Mile High" flights out of the Mile High city of Denver. For a fee, they took you and your ah, friend, mistress, partner or whomever - that's the only thing they didn't supply, up for a flight in something like a Saratoga fitted with a bed and privacy curtains in the back for a romantic flight and it included a bottle of Champagne.  I couldn't help wonder about some of the logistics, like did you need Oxygen at altitude after the Champagne? Did they do a 0 G maneuver right on cue? Did you get a personal photo DVD afterwards to remember the experience? Okay - back to reality, but it really was a legitimate business! And there is someone still doing it today in Cincinnati: http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/airline-offers-mile-high-club-flights 

18 hours ago, jetdriven said:

He already lost his regular job, and a guy I know was a student pilot he was ripping him off too, refusing to sign him for solo and charging him more than they flew.

Bummer, it was all just kinda humorous, but after Byron's post the guy doesn't sound like a gentlemen at all! 

But my two favorites from above:

18 hours ago, M20F said:

The IRS is going to be his real problem. 

15 hours ago, bonal said:

Obviously he is looking to start a career in politics 

Edited by kortopates