Began the day VFR pilot, ended up Instrument Rated!

mooneygirl

I started the day as a VFR pilot and ended the day as an Instrument rated pilot. Today was IFR check ride day.  I have to say that this journey has probably been one of the hardest things I have ever done. I am proud of myself, and yet keenly aware of missing my Mom and Dad who would have been beaming. I was raised with no limits. They taught me that I would do anything I put my mind to. I want to thank those of you who have taught me, supported me, challenged me and loved me through all this. I decided to take a sunset flight as a treat after the ride. Life is so good. #IFRMooneyGirlIMG_1891.thumb.jpg.5db9cf7e814ccbbf1f19c76346698448.jpg

IMG_1895.thumb.jpg.a6e132e717a5630cb60cd07cdbebb872.jpgIMG_1901.thumb.JPG.4e463412d1847ed12524aa483208e94b.JPGIMG_1905.thumb.JPG.33747856bc586891ac5334acd78f4b06.JPG

IMG_1893.thumb.jpg.6b35d59ae7cb49e8de389eceef8c0bd0.jpg

Screen Shot 2017-11-17 at 7.24.07 PM.jpg

IMG_1931.jpg

IMG_E1870.JPG

• Like 23
  • Thanks 4

You'll be a great instrument pilot, thorough, serious, highly skilled, and always learning something new. I look forward hearing about your adventures in the clouds and your continued saga to CFI. 

Congratulations from Nancy and me young lady. See you in Madison!

• Like 2

Congrats!  You now have a license to learn instrument flying. Go out an learn but learn carefully at first. Maybe set yourself some high minimums for the first 100 hrs (even airline drivers have high mins for the first 100 hrs in new airplanes) to get your feet wet slowly. 

Nothing, nothing replaces experience. Currency in IFR is mandatory!  Min currency for the FARs is not enough

Again, congrats, you did good!  Hope our paths cross sometime. Lunch is on me if we do. 

GREAT ACCOMPLISHMENT!

• Like 1

Way to go. She is a good conservative pilot, she will do fine. Little bit at a time. I’ve flown a couple hundred real approaches. Not sure if I️ love or hate that feeling of flying in the clouds. Certainly don’t feel “comfortable”, probably next will. That might be a good thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1