New Mooney owner with battery question

Todd Cullen

I just purchased a 78 model M20j, I've flown it maybe 5 hours and it flies and lands great...heard all the stories about hard to land, hard to slow down but seems to be a great plane.   I'm located in northeast Arkansas and have owned a Cherokee 180 and a Citabria...

anyway im curious how and where the battery panel access is...says tailcone access panel but can't locate it...not at the airport now and was reading the POH.   Thanks...

Edited by Todd Cullen
Autocorrect

7 hours ago, Todd Cullen said:

I just purchased a 78 model M20j, I've flown it maybe 5 hours and it flies and lands great...heard all the stories about hard to land, hard to slow down but seems to be a great plane.   I'm located in northeast Arkansas and have owned a Cherokee 180 and a Citabria...

anyway im curious how and where the battery panel access is...says tailcone access panel but can't locate it...not at the airport now and was reading the POH.   Thanks...

The panel is on the left side of the fuselage, behind the wing trailing edge. You’ll need either a Phillips #2 or a1/4” common blade screwdriver.

Clarence