Smoke system for a Mooney

Jim Peace

7 minutes ago, 1964-M20E said:

I wouldn't mine having it for easier recognition.  When ATC calls you out to another plane smoke on.:D

Much easier to see a mile of smoke instead of a 30' long plane.

One of the guys in my EAA chapter just installed a kit in his RV-6A. He does this too. Pops smoke when in the pattern or calling traffic.

He said it was about 20-30lbs? You guys argue about losing that with fuel bladders, no way in hell a Mooney owner would lose that for an oil tank lol

On 11/18/2017 at 3:14 AM, Mark89114 said:

Yes, but your audience there is only so much, do this over a sporting event, considering TFR's and look at the multiplication factor of social media.

exactly.

I was chatting with a sky writer friend of mine and he says I should be at least 9500 feet or higher.  He does it at 11000.  Also not sure if I have the speed.  he suggested at least 170 knots.  I am good for only 140.

Would be fun to do this either every day over NYC or just on some occasions like valentines day......probably can get real creative after 20 or 30 times.

http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/appages/smokes.php