Alan's Hangar

201er

Alan Fox asked me to invite you east coasters out to his Hangar break in party this Saturday (11/18/2017) at KVAY at noon. Bring your lock picking supplies so that we could get in without him knowing. Pot luck. Again, it was a bit fuzzy on the phone and I'm not sure if it was pot luck for taking whatever parts you see laying around the hangar or if it was to bring your own food.

For those of you coming and those of you who can't make it, here's a sneak preview of the parts and toys around his hangar. Also you get to see how they change a tire Bonanza style.

PS don't worry that Bonanza is not in Alan's hangar. Actually there is a Bonanza in Alan's hanger but it's not that one. Not that it changes much. Then again he leaves the Mooney outside.

Here's another preview of the buffet in store:

IMG_3489.JPG.518c9d084c0eeb819983f41ea75b9e98.JPG

IMG_3490.JPG.718eb3b3590cb8e1f21d2030f8c12748.JPG

This is how the Grim Reaper chocks his airplanes:

IMG_3485.JPG.a5dc2ce0fe9647da674e7c1476283335.JPG

Bring your black leather gloves, appetites, pot luck. There will be free BBQ! I know that brings out a Mooney crowd.

The hangar is on the east side of the field by the approach end of 26. It is not on the main ramp by the restaurant and we are not going to the restaurant. There is only one taxiway to get to the hangar so here's a diagram to where the break in will happen.

IMG_4274.thumb.PNG.e152dbef80099e3edeaba934ef6ae8bb.PNG

2 hours ago, PTK said:

I went out to shoot some approaches and exercise my string of horses. All 200 of them! Departed around 10:00 or so and came back around noon. I didn't see anyone. Did anyone show up after that?

About ten people ...you should have stopped up..

3 hours ago, Seth said:

I would have been there but my kids spread whatever they had to me and I’m sick and in no shape to fly.

Without question the bubonic plague was no spread by rats, mice, ticks and fleas.  It was spread by daycare/preschool. 

-Seth

Oh no!  Last week you said the kids were sick... this week you.  Sorry to hear.

Just now, aviatoreb said:

You guys still doing those nj fly ins?

Is she out of the shop and ready to run??? Come on down this way, it's warm out, or it was--we have a Freeze Warning in effect tonight, but it'll be near 70° tomorrow and all week.

• Like 1

On 11/19/2017 at 8:54 PM, Hank said:

Is she out of the shop and ready to run??? Come on down this way, it's warm out, or it was--we have a Freeze Warning in effect tonight, but it'll be near 70° tomorrow and all week.

IMG_1509.thumb.JPG.040328c445552114d20d20af69871599.JPG

Here's a little tease..... the primary color is called "Kona Blue" (a color code I stole from the ford car colors - so you can look up Kona blue) and it is sort of a chameleon color - sometimes it looks dark blue, sometimes purple, sometimes shiny..and there is a trick added to the paint too - more soon.  It is mostly this color throughout with a certain accent... more tease in the next few days.

The paint is ALL done in fact and she's being put together on Monday.

• Like 2