Turbo Exhaust Inlet Gasket Leak

dfswing2

I have exhaust leaks at the points showing on the attached picture. Can anyone provide part numbers for the gaskets here. We can likely find the one at the v-clamp but the Mooney parts M20M manual I purchased doesn’t have the turbine inlet gasket shown.

?ui=2&ik=10a08b3717&view=fimg&th=15fbd5cbb4c1611a&attid=0.1.1&disp=emb&attbid=ANGjdJ9wXMomqyhtwYhwkzAYFbKKT6cN2dE4jBW67AZ1cehKG-w4UugiH6PWMPuvvO8evhFuSZx4_pjgx_i01Zh49_Vkdosq-xqjCFOFPLcGhz4AHOGBMRHoOsTwaCQ&sz=s0-l75-ft&ats=1510710653856&rm=15fbd5cbb4c1611a&zw&atsh=1

10 hours ago, dfswing2 said:

I have exhaust leaks at the points showing on the attached picture. Can anyone provide part numbers for the gaskets here. We can likely find the one at the v-clamp but the Mooney parts M20M manual I purchased doesn’t have the turbine inlet gasket shown.

?ui=2&ik=10a08b3717&view=fimg&th=15fbd5cbb4c1611a&attid=0.1.1&disp=emb&attbid=ANGjdJ9wXMomqyhtwYhwkzAYFbKKT6cN2dE4jBW67AZ1cehKG-w4UugiH6PWMPuvvO8evhFuSZx4_pjgx_i01Zh49_Vkdosq-xqjCFOFPLcGhz4AHOGBMRHoOsTwaCQ&sz=s0-l75-ft&ats=1510710653856&rm=15fbd5cbb4c1611a&zw&atsh=1

No attachment.

26 minutes ago, kortopates said:

Just an FYI, your Mooney IPC only covers the parts provided by Mooney, not the engine parts provided by Lycoming or other PMA provides. I expect @N201MKTurbo nailed it for you above. 

I'm not exactly sure I did. the gasket is not in the Mooney IPC or the Engine IPC. I think it is in the Turbo IPC and I couldn't find one on line. The Rapco gasket looks like the turbo flange shown in the Engine manual, but it is a Continental part. I found references to the Lycoming number above but couldn't find a picture of it or a drawing that directly referenced it.

I would call LASER and ask them.

• Like 1

Lycoming IPC PC315-8 (https://www.lycoming.com/Content/parts-catalog-tio-540-af1a-af1b )

#1-5 to Transition: 78084 (but bear in mind the flange 40C19819 which inserts into the transition is a replaceable part and may need replacement if that's where the leak is)
Transition-Wastegate: LW-12125-3

There's not a gasket shown between the turbo and transition!

Edited by Awful_Charlie
Insert linky

Thank you for the heads up.  I will research these as well.  The clamps are new and I was going to re-torque them after 17 hours at the oil change this week.  Pressure tested exhaust before doing so and found the leaks so we didn't want to torque before repairing the leaks.  Don Maxwell helped with a suggested gasket that he has seen some use for repair at the flange.  Also have found the v-clamp gasket so we'll do the repair and test again tomorrow.

... Don