Spatial Interior Clinic - New Garden (N57)

Marauder

Hi All,

Bruce Jaeger (former Willmar MSC owner) will be coming to my airport (N57) the week of December 4th to install his Spatial Interior product in my Mooney. The installation will be done in my hangar and Bruce will be demonstrating the installation process as well as his repair techniques for the wonderful plastic we have in our planes. If you have an interest in stopping by, drop me a PM and I will provide details on the logistics.

http://www.jaegeraviation.com/sinteriors

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Marauder said:

Hi All,

Bruce Jaeger (former Willmar MSC owner) will be coming to my airport (N57) the week of December 4th to install his Spatial Interior product in my Mooney. The installation will be done in my hangar and Bruce will be demonstrating the installation process as well as his repair techniques for the wonderful plastic we have in our planes. If you have an interest in stopping by, drop me a PM and I will provide details on the logistics.

http://www.jaegeraviation.com/sinteriors

Sounds like fun, I'll have to stop by. I need to pick up my living room paint and grab that silicone removal stuff from you too. 

• 2 weeks later...

Just a bump to the thread. Bruce is still scheduled to be with me the week of December 4th. When he flies in on Sunday, I will sit down with him to get an idea of what the refurbishment schedule will look like and publish it here. That way if you have an interest on repairing plastics, I will have a rough idea when he will be doing that step. The same for the installation of the actual panels.

It’s been interesting watching a series of boxes show up with all kinds of goodies.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

Has anyone found a source for the Al tape with the 3m adhesive that he uses?  I can find the two separate components but nothing ready to use. 

I’ll ask him while he is here. If others have questions, let me know and I will forward them on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

18 hours ago, MIm20c said:

Has anyone found a source for the Al tape with the 3m adhesive that he uses?  I can find the two separate components but nothing ready to use. 

why not just get it from Bruce, or do you feel he is "robbing:" you by making a very small profit on it? He buys it in quantities I am sure and can save you maybe a few days of you trying to source it, having to test it to make sure it is the right stuff, etc? Bruce is a good guy, and deserves any small profit he can get on this stuff for years it has taken him to source the correct stuff for us.

• Like 3

On 11/29/2017 at 12:55 PM, MIm20c said:

Not sure exactly what it is you’re looking for but 3M makes a great many different Al tapes with adhesive...

https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/company-us/all-3m-products/~/All-3M-Products/Adhesives-Tapes/Industrial-Adhesives-and-Tapes/Specialty-Tapes/Foil-Tape/?N=5002385+8710676+8710815+8710978+8711017+8713632+3294857497&rt=r3

81B11BA1-AE86-4B62-866D-D3AD2ED6A15D.thumb.jpeg.3291b81ba33f60e5320804f627b99758.jpeg

1 hour ago, mike_elliott said:

why not just get it from Bruce, or do you feel he is "robbing:" you by making a very small profit on it? He buys it in quantities I am sure and can save you maybe a few days of you trying to source it, having to test it to make sure it is the right stuff, etc? Bruce is a good guy, and deserves any small profit he can get on this stuff for years it has taken him to source the correct stuff for us.

No, Bruce is a good guy.  Family has used his services as a MSC for a few years.  However, I have everything I need (already replaced the screws and made repairs to other areas) minus the Al tape and I didn’t want to bother him to ask about splitting up his kit.  Up to this point I have not addressed the larger cracks which will be aided with the tape. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Andy95W said:

He doesn't really have "kits" per se, he really just has a bunch of supplies to ship out as needed.  He will probably have to sell you a full roll.

That is one of the topics I will be having with Bruce. I have been seeing a steady stream of supplies show up to my house. I have been working with Bruce to sell his design to local airplane interior shops. They look at me like I have the plague. The shops he wants to use to support his products are IMHO his competition. They are in love with the "wrap & go" plastic repair approach and his approach is more purist of repairing and introducing new materials where needed.

When you price out the Hector's of the world, he has a real opportunity to sell a "Do IT Yourself" solution that for many of us vintage owners is a better economical solution than what the interior shops are commanding. In order for a DIY approach to work, he will need to sell complete kits with instructional videos on installing his solution. With this approach, an owner can tackle it with the help of their local A&P or willing interior shop. Since he does need support for reupholstering the seats, this would be a good way to engage a local shop who will get some of work but leave the labor intensive stuff to the owner. 

I like what Bruce is providing, just need to figure a way to package it so it is more accepting by you Cheap Bast$#ds.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I had basically the same conversation with Bruce.  I'm trying to do my Interior in a way that would be specific to the pre-65 models and will be sharing all of my results and recommendations when I'm done.  And trying to keep it acceptable to us CBs.

• Like 1

I'd love to stop by but wrong coast ! ..well, and I'm still deployed for 3 more months.  Actually I will be doing my complete interior when I get back, new upholstery, everything and I've looked at his site so many times I could probably quote it by now... Will be very interested in seeing before and after pics if you can post them.  The idea of adding those little bits of armrest space, etc to make the big-room feel are what I am looking for.  Thank you for the heads up and will stay attached to this thread!

• Like 2

I'd love to stop by but wrong coast ! ..well, and I'm still deployed for 3 more months.  Actually I will be doing my complete interior when I get back, new upholstery, everything and I've looked at his site so many times I could probably quote it by now... Will be very interested in seeing before and after pics if you can post them.  The idea of adding those little bits of armrest space, etc to make the big-room feel are what I am looking for.  Thank you for the heads up and will stay attached to this thread!

I’m going to ask Bruce if I can videotape the process. I really think his solution is a good DIY approach. Maybe he will be open to selling kits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, Marauder said:

I’m going to ask Bruce if I can videotape the process. I really think his solution is a good DIY approach. Maybe he will be open to selling kits.

4 years ago when Bruce and I did my F's interior, he was planning to sell kits, and wanted to set up some installation centers. I doubt if his plans have changed any. The F came out just great, it now belongs to Phil Bies. Great great plane!

• Like 1

Marauder, hello again !   Please pass on to Bruce that I'd be first in line for a kit.  Was actually scouring his site and seen that they had a "kit " priced of around $2100 for the long body...panels, etc. but it was dated about 2015 or so.   I was going to call to check on getting all the plastic panels and anything else he would have available to make the install.  Love doing that stuff myself so a kit would be perfect.   I'd sure be interested in the video and any kit ideas he would have.  annnnd, just for his SA, I have an '80 K model.  :)   thanks again !! 

• Like 1

If I were Bruce I'd probably be worried about that spiked looked medieval clothing laying on the wing that you haven't told him about yet !!!!!!!   Don't hurt him !!  Some of the rest of us need him still ! 

Just case you’re interested in knowing what those medieval things are;
3c05a687298e962903f6420aa007f34e.jpg

It’s a pocket!

aeff0a7a9fb221f35e1aea1807d3aefd.jpg

• Like 4

I suspected they looked like interior colored material and maybe those black things were indeed a fastener....  But thank you !  You just showed me how to fasten my pockets onto my new interior panels ....when I do 'em !    Great way to use the automotive push-posts.  Usually see those on newer plastic inner fender wheels and under the hood insulation.  Cool idea !  Very nice pockets too !