Mid continent lifesaver AI

Bravoman

I am in the process of ordering a mid continent lifesaver attitude indicator with battery back up for the bravo. The company asks to specify panel tilt when ordering (it can range from 0 to 20 deg.)and I called midcontinent and spoke to a fellow there who seemed not to know too much.   Does this refer to the angle of the instrument panel itself or the  angle of the nose to the ground? Does anybody know what the proper panel tilt is for the M20M ( or if there is any variance as between any of the M20 line)? I assume  panel tilt refers to the instrument panel itself and the correct angle for the Mooney is 0 deg but I wanted to check to be sure.

thanks in advance for your help, Frank

I am in the process of ordering a mid continent lifesaver attitude indicator with battery back up for the bravo. The company asks to specify panel tilt when ordering (it can range from 0 to 20 deg.)and I called midcontinent and spoke to a fellow there who seemed not to know too much.   Does this refer to the angle of the instrument panel itself or the  angle of the nose to the ground? Does anybody know what the proper panel tilt is for the M20M ( or if there is any variance as between any of the M20 line)? I assume  panel tilt refers to the instrument panel itself and the correct angle for the Mooney is 0 deg but I wanted to check to be sure.
Should be zero...some of the earlier birds had some tilt but in the mid 70s they went to flat panels.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

13 hours ago, Bravoman said:

Looks like the list price is around $4,700. What is the street price?

14 minutes ago, Marauder said:

Looks like the list price is around $4,700. What is the street price?

I ordered it from Spruce, which I think has the best price. The price for the unit is $3975, and I ordered the optional slip indicator kit for $295.  Once this is installed, I will be able to pull out my vacuum systems. 

Regard, Frank

Just now, Bravoman said:

I ordered it from Spruce, which I think has the best price. The price for the unit is $3975, and I ordered the optional slip indicator kit for $295.  Once this is installed, I will be able to pull out my vacuum systems. 

Regard, Frank

Thanks. Curious how that unit priced out. I went with the ESI-500. Primarily because I wanted to have a separate Nav head in addition to an approved standby AI. I did need to add in the Nav enablement so it could channel the GPS or ILS/VOR signals. That jacked the installed price up to $6500.

• Like 1

On 11/14/2017 at 8:33 AM, Bravoman said:

Regard, Frank

I also plan to use the midcontinent lifesaver since used units are priced very well...let me know how vacuum removal goes..I plan for mid december

• Like 1

On 11/14/2017 at 10:33 AM, Bravoman said:

Regard, Frank

I don't get a huge discount on things from Mid-Continent through Spruce, but on some items from Spruce I get 15% off and am happy to pass on savings to Mooneyspace members.

• 2 weeks later...