Seat adjustments

BrianW

I have the old style seat with a 3 position manual knob for recline.  The highest position is still too reclined.

Are there any options other than custom reupholstery with lots of extra foam padding?

What have others done to solve their recline problems?

Thanks,

BrianW

Edited by BrianW
Accidental duplicate of other posting so changed to a new question.

29 minutes ago, Yetti said:

The chain is all of 6 inches long.  If you have slack you may want to pull it all apart and look for worn cogs.  I would think you need to check all the rods and u joints if you have that much slack.

Hi Yetti!

I posted two topic questions at the same time.  Your response somehow ended up in this question's thread.  But I replied to you in the correct (my 2nd) thread.

Edited by BrianW

I'd still love to know how others faired.  I've read some spending thousands on the fully adjustable seat base.

My manual setting is reclined enough that I have the urge to fly my plane with my arm hanging out the storm window! :-D

(yes,that was a low rider reference!) ;-)

• Haha 1

Try a cushion. I sit on a tapered 2" gel cushion for improved visibility over the nose on landing. Should be something you could strap to the seatback. Just don't get a lumbar support pillow, pushing your lower back further forward would just make it worse.

17 minutes ago, Piloto said:

On my old M20C I slide in a short piece of rubber hose sliced on one side to the bracket that seats on the adjustment knob. 

José

This could be a really effective solution.  I'm definitely going to give it a look.

24 minutes ago, Piloto said:

On my old M20C I slide in a short piece of rubber hose sliced on one side to the bracket that seats on the adjustment knob. 

José

4 minutes ago, Andy95W said:

This could be a really effective solution.  I'm definitely going to give it a look.

Me too, I've never been a fan of how much it is reclined. Of course it will just be for the left seat, my wife is still trying to figure out how to get it to recline further than the furthest setting. :D

• Like 1

We have the newer adjustable seats, but Brenda wanted the seat back even more upright.  Years ago when the Mooney factory was doing maintenance work, we were at Kerrville for homecoming.  We asked them if they could adjust the right seat back to be more upright. They ended up reversing the threaded block that the adjustment rod turns in to pull the seat back farther forward. We had them check and adjust rigging at the same time.  

• Like 1