Fluorosilicone Fuel Cap O-ring Kits

Message added by mooniac58

This is a paid for sponsored post.

The last time I flew home, it was incredibly wet.  Saturday, I went and sumped my tanks and pulled water for the first time ever.  This plane is always hangared so I was rather surprised at the amount of water, then remembered the flight home.  I just ordered two sets of these.  I never want to find water ever again.

• 1 year later...
10 hours ago, takair said:

@OSUAV8TER do you know if carry the orings for the caps for O&N fuel cap?  I’m sure it’s a standard cap, but don’t have the numbers off hand,

I'm sorry, I do not. If we can figure out what o-rings it needs, I can go get them.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, takair said:

@OSUAV8TER do you know if carry the orings for the caps for O&N fuel cap?  I’m sure it’s a standard cap, but don’t have the numbers off hand,

I took a picture of the inside of my fuel cap, with all of the writing, and he was able to send me the correct oring kit. Love those things! I think I installed them maybe four years ago? Five? Been parked in the rain several times [like the last Mooney Summit in Tampa, lots of rain], not a drop of water in my tanks.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Hank said:

I took a picture of the inside of my fuel cap, with all of the writing, and he was able to send me the correct oring kit. Love those things! I think I installed them maybe four years ago? Five? Been parked in the rain several times [like the last Mooney Summit in Tampa, lots of rain], not a drop of water in my tanks.

Yes I have had my o-rings on my Bonanza since 2016 without a drop of water leaking in ever since. I will likely put new o-rings on them because I am getting new fuel caps when I repaint the aircraft next year. 7 years is great though!

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/17/2023 at 8:47 AM, OSUAV8TER said:

I'm sorry, I do not. If we can figure out what o-rings it needs, I can go get them.

Some progress, finally took picture of the cap.  Looks like Shaw 457-1015-12? Do you happen to have cross reference?

1EAF24C2-C163-4C87-90C1-38399E87A49F.jpeg

On 6/11/2023 at 11:02 PM, takair said:

Some progress, finally took picture of the cap.  Looks like Shaw 457-1015-12? Do you happen to have cross reference?

1EAF24C2-C163-4C87-90C1-38399E87A49F.jpeg

Those fuel caps are "lighting proof" type fuel caps and generally can't be serviced. If you'll notice, it is already equipped with a fluorosilicone o-ring (blue o-ring with a lip). If it is working, do not mess with it. If the cap is broken, it will need replacement. PMA Products Inc. made an o-ring that is supposed to fit on that cap but I do not know what they are up to these days. Unfortunately I do not have kits for those type fuel caps. I tried and it did not work out.

12 hours ago, OSUAV8TER said:

Those fuel caps are "lighting proof" type fuel caps and generally can't be serviced. If you'll notice, it is already equipped with a fluorosilicone o-ring (blue o-ring with a lip). If it is working, do not mess with it. If the cap is broken, it will need replacement. PMA Products Inc. made an o-ring that is supposed to fit on that cap but I do not know what they are up to these days. Unfortunately I do not have kits for those type fuel caps. I tried and it did not work out.

Thanks for the response!  They seal well right now.  I had thought the orings deformed, did not realize it was special shape.  Couldn’t recall what they looked like new.

• 4 months later...