Fluorosilicone Fuel Cap O-ring Kits

Message added by mooniac58

This is a paid for sponsored post.

Happy New Year! A MAJOR change in the fluorosilicone o-ring fuel cap world. I have been receiving some feedback from buyers that sometimes the cotter pin that I have been providing with kits does not fit the handle plunger to secure the cotter pin. Bear in mind every part I provide comes from the IPC. So, after doing some research I learned that for the Shaw 431 and 531 fuel caps, depending on which IPC you are looking at, it provides two different part numbers! So, I am now providing both cotter pin sizes in the Shaw 431/531 fuel cap kits I sell. See photo below for o-ring kit contents.

https://www.gallagheraviationllc.com/products.html - Order fluorosilicone kits here! Fuel caps too!

IMG_7053 1.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Got my gaskets yesterday. Thanks! It’s great you added the smaller cotter pin. Those are the ones that fit in my style of caps. I’m good for another 100 years right???default_smile.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Excellent! I was getting feedback every now and then about the silver cotter pin being too large. You should be good for a long time! It’s time to get rid of fuel contamination!

• Like 1

Excellent! I was getting feedback every now and then about the silver cotter pin being too large. You should be good for a long time! It’s time to get rid of fuel contamination!

Your gaskets are cheap insurance for it....

• 2 weeks later...
Hi, I would like to buy two sets for my 1966 M20E, serial number 1281, not sure which part number, I can order directly from your site if you let me know which kit is the correct one, thx best Phil

Hi Phil, you’re going to need two of the Shaw 431/531 fuel cap kits. I’ll keep my eye out for your order and it will go out on Monday morning.

James

• 2 weeks later...

We shipped out quite a few orders today. It's a great time of the year to swap out your old rubber nitrile fuel cap o-rings with these fluorosilicone rings. It's great insurance to help prevent fuel contamination. Order them at www.gallagheraviationllc.com/products 

Plenty of fluorosilicone fuel cap o-ring kits ready to ship to outfit your fuel caps with new, durable o-rings to prevent water/fuel contamination. Order today and I usually ship the next business day!

https://www.gallagheraviationllc.com/products.html - Order fluorosilicone kits here! NEW Whelen lights, and fuel caps too

Shaw 416.JPG

IMG_6795 1.jpg

IMG_7053 1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/13/2017 at 7:37 PM, OSUAV8TER said:

Thanks! These are produced by Parker Hannifin or Parco to military specification. I have certificates of conformance to ensure quality. 

Interesting. I thought Parker Hannifin got out of the general aviation business after the Mel Carnahan crash lawsuit?

For those unfamiliar, former Missouri Gov. Mel Carnahan was killed in a C310 flown by his son that lost control in IMC due to a faulty attitude indicator. The NTSB was able to prove that it was the AI at fault and not the Parker Hannfin vacuum pump that powered it, but in the civil lawsuit they were found partially liable and forced to pay $11 million IIRC... So they decided to be done with aviation. :(

5 hours ago, flyingcheesehead said:

Interesting. I thought Parker Hannifin got out of the general aviation business after the Mel Carnahan crash lawsuit?

For those unfamiliar, former Missouri Gov. Mel Carnahan was killed in a C310 flown by his son that lost control in IMC due to a faulty attitude indicator. The NTSB was able to prove that it was the AI at fault and not the Parker Hannfin vacuum pump that powered it, but in the civil lawsuit they were found partially liable and forced to pay $11 million IIRC... So they decided to be done with aviation. :(

The fluorosilicone o-rings are not manufactured by the Parker Hannifin aerospace division but by a different division that makes the o-rings. These o-rings are manufactured to a military specification. You CAN still buy GA fuel caps from Parker but when I checked for a new Shaw 431-9 a few weeks ago, they wanted something north of $1,500 per fuel cap. 

Their aerospace division is mainly for commercial and military use. They don't really hold out to the public either. I had to put in an RFQ to get that fuel cap number, which was a pretty painful process. Parker is not easy to work with.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have a couple kits shipping today. Make sure you are ready for the summer flying  season!

Also, does anyone have any parts manuals or part numbers for the Swiss Electro fuel caps?

https://www.gallagheraviationllc.com/products.html - Order fluorosilicone kits here! NEW Whelen lights, and fuel caps too

• 2 weeks later...