Fluorosilicone Fuel Cap O-ring Kits

Message added by mooniac58

This is a paid for sponsored post.

Spent the last 2 weeks of July parked on the ramp at KLRO, Mt. Pleasant SC.  We had many strong storms, and in one case the runway was NOTAMed closed for 20 hours to repair lightening damage at the approach end of 35. 

When I left I didn't have a trace of water in either tank.   I currently have standard o-rings installed, changed annually.

My annual is coming up and I considered buying these O-rings. 

14 minutes ago, neilpilot said:

Spent the last 2 weeks of July parked on the ramp at KLRO, Mt. Pleasant SC.  We had many strong storms, and in one case the runway was NOTAMed closed for 20 hours to repair lightening damage at the approach end of 35. 

When I left I didn't have a trace of water in either tank.   I currently have standard o-rings installed, changed annually.

My annual is coming up and I considered buying these O-rings. 

As long as you maintain your o-rings, your fuel caps should not leak. I’ll make sure you get the right ones.

My wife and I just completed a cross country move/new job/new baby and this is when we think things got jumbled up.

21 minutes ago, Hank said:

Spent several days last week parked in the daily thunderstorms on the Carolina coast. Some were strong enough that the house was shaking. The grass field was saturated enough on arrival that the far end almost bogged me down, I had full throttle (28") to barely move. Then we had more storms every day. When I left, there was nary a drop of water in either tank, but I did walk around the runway to make sure I could depart solo with no bags and half tanks.

Sure made me glad I put in your fine blue orings back in January! 

Thanks for the PIREP!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A big order came in and I have one Shaw 531/431 fuel cap kit in stock until mid next week when another shipment arrives. If you need Shaw 531/431 fuel cap kits and can wait, please message me and I will let you know when they are in stock for payment and shipment.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We learned at the MooneyMax conference last week that most of the water leaking into the tanks goes down the center shaft with the small o-ring because many times it does not get changed with the big outside o-ring.

A simple check is to look in the depression in the center of the cap around the lift lever after a rain. If there is no water in the center of the cap it leaked into your tank.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I took a look at my fuel caps with the original fluorosilicone o-rings I installed over two years ago. They are holding up strong. Get your rings for your upcoming annual inspection this year!

https://www.gallagheraviationllc.com/products.html - Order fluorosilicone kits here! Fuel caps too!

GallagherCap2.jpeg

GallagherCap.jpeg

OringComp.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...