Fluorosilicone Fuel Cap O-ring Kits

Message added by mooniac58

This is a paid for sponsored post.

I am offering highly durable fluorosilicone o-ring kits for your various fuel caps. Please PM me or respond to this thread with your interest to include type and quantity. I will PM you to get your shipping information and arrange payment.

These fluorosilicone o-rings offer superior durability to help your fuel caps keep the fuel in and to keep water out compared to your less superior rubber nitrate o-rings, which have to be replaced frequently. I will be offering kits for Shaw 531/431 caps, Shaw 416 caps, Shaw 457 caps, Gabb caps, and D’Shannon 15 gallon screw type fuel caps. Prices and contents are below. These prices also include shipping. CSOBeech has a great writeup on these o-rings at http://www.csobeech.com/fuel-caps.html. Installation is pretty straight forward but there is additional guidance on CSOBeech.
Kits provide standard aircraft parts acceptable under 14 CFR §21.9 for a FAA certificated mechanic to install two military specification fluorosilicone type o-rings on Shaw 531,457, 431,416, or Gabb style fuel caps. Kits are eligible for installation by a licensed mechanic as a minor alteration under 14 CFR §1.1 and §21.93(a) as it has “no appreciable effect on the weight, balance, structural strength, reliability, operational characteristics, or other characteristics affecting the airworthiness” of the aircraft. No STC, Form 337 submittal or FSDO field approval is required per FAA Order 8900.1 Figure 4-67. A §43.9 airframe logbook entry is sufficient to document this alteration and return the aircraft to service. Fluorosilicone are a much more durable material and will last longer than original Buna-N (Nitrile) rings found in Shaw and Gabb fuel caps. Fluorosilicone can withstand a broader range (-100 to 350 degree Fahrenheit) whereas Buna-N has a lower temperature range (-70 to 180 degree Fahrenheit). The manufacturers of the fluorosilicone o-rings are ISO17025 certified. Fuel caps should be inspected for continued airworthiness per your respective aircraft repair manual.

I installed all new fluorosilicone o-rings on my four fuel tanks on my M35 Bonanza about a year ago and I have not had water in my tanks yet. My cousin left the Bonanza out on the ramp during monsoon season in Panama City Beach FL, this summer and water got into the static lines but nothing in the tanks! Not only were the old rubber nitrate breaking down on the big o-rings, the little ones were in poor shape too. 

Kits Available: The kit includes both the outer and the often overlooked inner plunger ring. If either are not working correctly, they can let water into your fuel tanks. Each kit also includes the correct cotter pins for the castle nut on the bottom of your fuel caps.

- Shaw 431/531 fuel cap kit - $12.50 each
o M25988/1-338 – big o-ring
o M25988/1-010 – small o-ring
o MS24665-298 – cotter pin

- Shaw 416 fuel cap kit - $12.50 each
o M25988/1-232 – big o-ring
o M25988/3-010 – small o-ring
o MS24665-132 – cotter pin

- Gabb fuel cap kit - $15.00 each
o M25988/1-339 – big o-ring
o M25988/1-110 – small o-ring
o MS24665-298 – cotter pin

- D'Shannon 15 Gallon Screw Type Fuel Cap Kit - $8 Each
o 2x o-ring replacements per kit

Payment Details: I can take payment via PayPal, Popmoney, Square, or you can mail me a check. PM me for my mailing address for a check. PayPal handle is gallagher.394 at gmail.com and Popmoney is 419 357 0043.

Further Information: If you’re not sure of your fuel cap type, snap a photo of the top and bottom, and then email me at gallagheraviationllc@gmail.com.

Shaw 431 531 Kit.jpg

IMG_6795 1.jpg

Shaw 416 Kit.jpg

Shaw 416.JPG

Gabb Kit.jpg

image1.JPG

IMG_6792 1.jpg

image2.JPG

• Like 2

I am in the middle of annual right now and plan to replace these rings. I was going to buy the same ol' from Spruce, but these look good. How do I know which cap I have? Is it marked underneath? Sorry, I'm lazy and haven't gone over to the hangar yet.

2 hours ago, DaV8or said:

I am in the middle of annual right now and plan to replace these rings. I was going to buy the same ol' from Spruce, but these look good. How do I know which cap I have? Is it marked underneath? Sorry, I'm lazy and haven't gone over to the hangar yet.

Yes, on the underside of the fuel cap it should say SHAW AERO XXX. Probably 431, 531, or 457. You can email me a picture of it at Gallagheraviationllc@gmail.com to confirm. Once we figure out what they are and I receive payment, I ship the next business day.

31 minutes ago, Hank said:

Where your price list says, for instance, $11 each, is that per cap or per plane? I want to change orings in both fuel caps, so is it $22? Look for a photo soon to confirm which set I need.

Hank, one kit equips one cap. So if you want to change the o-rings in both fuel caps you will get two kits for $22 total. That price includes shipping too!

4 hours ago, drapo said:

My M20E uses Shaws 431's, I would need two sets, but here's the curve, I'm from Canada, do you ship up north and how much?

Absolutely. Can you email me your shipping address to gallagheraviationllc@gmail.com? You'll just have to cover the shipping difference. I have sent these to Australia, Europe, and Asia.

James

23 hours ago, kevinw said:

My fuel cap o-rings are changed every year at annual with just the standard o-rings. Do these last longer or should they be replaced every year as well?

For continueed airworthiness I recommend checking their condition at annual inspection and visually inspecting them everytime you fuel up. They are not indestructable but they will last much longer than the rubber nitrile rings you have in now. 

• 2 weeks later...