Hello

JDM

Hello all new guy here for the most part. Have been lurking around for while here and there. Student pilot in the Tulsa Oklahoma area. I’m really interested in Mooney’s obviously. Although ,never actually been in one. From what I read it’s what I want. Is there anyone in my area that might let me sit in one or take me for a ride?

thanks

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JDM said:

Well, I’m a bit of a late bloomer as it pertains to flying. I’m 42.  As far a strapping into somethin with a rollcage not a big deal I raced sprint cars in my younger years.

That's not so late. I was 44 when I had my first lesson. Now I'm 45, just crossed 200 hours and 140 of those were in my Mooney. (Still puts a smile on my face and a bit of wonderment every time I say "my Mooney")

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, JDM said:

I wish I would have started at a young age.

I didn't start till I was 50 the one nice thing about the late start is now at 59 and this flying thing is like a new life experience that I am just beginning to grow into it with so much to learn and enjoy. It's never too late. Welcome to Mooney space.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I see nothing wrong with starting to fly at a "mature age".  The reason the military recruits and trains young people to fly is that it requires its pilots to do highly questionable things.  A mature pilot would know better!  :blink:

Incidentally.....Happy VETERANS DAY to all you who served our country.  Thank you.  Thank you!

• Like 5