Annunciatior panel not working

Bravoman

Recently, I noticed that my annunciator panel lights are not illuminating when I hit the press to  test button.The only light on the panel that seems to work is the gear down light,  but even this light does not come on when I mash the press to  test button(in flight, with gear up) . Gear transition, and everything else seems to be dead.  All the other lights on the annunciator panel, aside from gear down, do not work at all in any phase of flight or operation. My breakers all seem to be normal. I am going to have my MSC look at this  next time I’m there. Any ideas?

Thanks, Frank

Recently, I noticed that my annunciator panel lights are not illuminating when I hit the press to  test button.The only light on the panel that seems to work is the gear down light,  but even this light does not come on when I mash the press to  test button(in flight, with gear up) . Gear transition, and everything else seems to be dead.  All the other lights on the annunciator panel, aside from gear down, do not work at all in any phase of flight or operation. My breakers all seem to be normal. I am going to have my MSC look at this  next time I’m there. Any ideas?
Thanks, Frank

You have any avionics work done recently? There should be a wiring harness connection to the plane behind the panel. I would look to make sure it hasn’t come apart.

Not sure on the Bravos, but I have a separate breaker for my annunciation panel. I would pull and reset the breaker if it is labeled. If it is t, I would pull and reset all of the breakers. I’ve had too many weird problems linked to those breakers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

Ok, looked up your serial#.. the wiring diagram is 800383 M1 (G)  27-0240 thru 27-0248

Didn't look like much in there.. maintenance manual section 24-39-05 has the internal schematic. 

I would suspect the 24v main line. The press to test is supposed to override the dimmer.  Power is fed from: the Annunciator panel breaker.. so cycle that guy, next is to check for 24V on pin 21 on the panel.   Check for good ground to the chassis as well, I don't see a separate ground line on the connector. 

• Like 3

Thanks for the replies. In fact, I did have avionics work done recently, I had the AHRS replaced for the Aspen when the KFC 150 stopped working.  I will start with that, but all of your suggestions are really appreciated and I’m sure will help lead to resolving the problem.

Frank

4 hours ago, Marauder said:

You have any avionics work done recently? There should be a wiring harness connection to the plane behind the panel. I would look to make sure it hasn’t come apart.

Not sure on the Bravos, but I have a separate breaker for my annunciation panel. I would pull and reset the breaker if it is labeled. If it is t, I would pull and reset all of the breakers. I’ve had too many weird problems linked to those breakers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

No separate breaker for the  annunciator panel so far as I can tell. However, I am thinking that  something became disconnected during the recent avionics work. I am still stumped as to why the one light (gear down) is working while  all the others in the annunciator panel don’t. 

Frank

No separate breaker for the  annunciator panel so far as I can tell. However, I am thinking that  something became disconnected during the recent avionics work. I am still stumped as to why the one light (gear down) is working while  all the others in the annunciator panel don’t. 
Frank

My gear down lights operate both separately and with the push to test button. If I have the annunciators disconnected (mine are in the glareshield), the gear light still work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

The annunciator panel itself, is a pretty complex collection of circuits.  More than just a set of bulbs that gets turned on...

Including the oddity Of needing to test the box to have the low fuel level alerts actually work.  :)

For more info, the parts manual has some interesting wiring diagrams for the annunciator...

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Bravoman said:

Frank

According to the M20M parts manual the Breaker may say "ANN", of course it probably won't be in that exact position below.

5a0474e001b07_ScreenShot2017-11-09at9_28_10AM.thumb.png.1e0f618651a9f8f11843e1a97276ecd5.png

• Like 3