JPI EDM 900 Install

To the individuals that have installed this upgrade in their airplane, did you have to change out the hoses to get things to fit/connect?

Not sure what you mean about changing out hoses. Since the 900 is a primary replacement for your factory gauges, you’ll either be adding new things (EGT/CHT leads, new sensors, etc. ).

At the same time, you remove things like the manifold pressure tube and the oil pressure line.

The only adaptation you may need to do is if you try to keep some redundancy. I did this with the fuel pressure gauge by keeping the EI-5FPL and adding the 900.

What are you concerned about?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The new sensors for Fuel Press, Oil press and MAP will need new hoses from the sensor to where ever they'll connect to the engine. MAP is a little unique since you already have a MAP hose going past the firewall to the cockpit. For this one you'll still need hose and a new T fitting to T off the existing MAP hose by the firewall and then connect the new MAP sensor. Other than the MAP hose, you probably won't disturb any other existing hoses, just add new hoses for your new sensors. 

32 minutes ago, Marauder said:

The only adaptation you may need to do is if you try to keep some redundancy. I did this with the fuel pressure gauge by keeping the EI-5FPL and adding the 900

I am the same way and kept MAP, RPM and TIT gauges for redundancy. Only my TIT is still legacy OEM, with RPM and MAP being digital EI instruments. but this way I'll neither be grounded or have to limp back home after loosing one of these let alone second guess in flight.

• Like 1

I am the same way and kept MAP, RPM and TIT gauges for redundancy. Only my TIT is still legacy OEM, with RPM and MAP being digital EI instruments. but this way I'll neither be grounded or have to limp back home after loosing one of these let alone second guess in flight.

I kept the big 3 (MP, RPM and FP) as well for backup.

65783b393e0ab8681dc0e47ed47673c9.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

When are you going to get rid of the CB carbon monoxide detector? Having that on such a beautiful panel is like a sin man! 

That is the old panel photo. I’ve been told not to post the new panel photo by NotarPilot’s wife lest NotarPilot will go on another upgrade binge. Just helping the community out.

I’ve been using the new Sensecor CO detector that we did the group buy on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Marauder said:

That is the old panel photo. I’ve been told not to post the new panel photo by NotarPilot’s wife lest NotarPilot will go on another upgrade binge. Just helping the community out.

I knew there had to be a reason.  I think Paul Steen has taken over your previous position as inveterate panel picture poster! :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, kortopates said:

The new sensors for Fuel Press, Oil press and MAP will need new hoses from the sensor to where ever they'll connect to the engine. MAP is a little unique since you already have a MAP hose going past the firewall to the cockpit. For this one you'll still need hose and a new T fitting to T off the existing MAP hose by the firewall and then connect the new MAP sensor. Other than the MAP hose, you probably won't disturb any other existing hoses, just add new hoses for your new sensors. 

Thanks for the info. Does that mean that the fittings on the engine and such are the same type of fittings for the JPI connections or will it need to be creative?

3 hours ago, spectre6573 said:

Thanks for the info. Does that mean that the fittings on the engine and such are the same type of fittings for the JPI connections or will it need to be creative?

I think you'll find the EDM documentation calls out -4 hose connectors with aeroquip 303 hose for the most part (at least that's all I recall) . But as you go through each sensor in their install manual, they give you the specifics on hose and hardware and provide guidance on where to attach for specific engine series. But I recall something a bit different with the MAP, such as a -3 pre-existing MAP hose going through the firewall  that I had to tee in new the MAP sensor with  -4 hose. You may need additional fittings for stuff like that. I also used an additional bulkhead fitting for the fuel pressure line since it went through the aluminum baffling on top of the engine (rather than put a fuel hose through an aluminum baffle with just a grommet for protection, I used a bulkhead fitting and broke it into 2 hoses). Other hoses were off the bottom of the engine without that issue.

Edited by kortopates