Yet another vintage panel upgrade

On 12/2/2017 at 10:36 PM, gsxrpilot said:

I don't know but the JPI EDM-900 mount works great to recess the G5.

IMG_2511.jpg

Is that the JPI EDM 900 you have there Paul? If so, how do you like it?   I'm considering upgrading to it next year and redoing my right side panel and removing my legacy tach and MP gauges.

Curry_1.jpg

Edited by Whiskey Charlie

Is that the JPI EDM 900 you have there Paul? If so, how do you like it?   I'm considering upgrading to it next year and redoing my right side panel and removing my legacy tach and MP gauges.

Curry_1.jpg.5a69aeb87ffef65ad152bcac15f6fc11.jpg

I’ve had the JPI 900 for a couple of years. Been back to JPI a few times to correct various issues. Has all the bells and whistles to make it a primary. I also have EI gauges in the plane as redundant gauges. The EI stuff has been ROCK solid including the 24 year old FP-5FL fuel totalizer.

I really wish the EI MVP-50P was more competively priced against the JPI 900. I like the square form factor and don’t like the EI CGR for that reason.

a8421d41346511dd7be19d398e56b4be.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Whiskey Charlie said:

Yes it's the EDM 900.  I really like it. It's replaced all my engine instruments and is connected to new CiES fuel senders. 

I believe the EDM 900 is the cheapest option for replacing ALL engine instruments. The MVP-50 and the EDM-930 are even nicer options with more features, but are more expensive and take up too much room in my opinion. The EI CGR's are not a good option as you'd need two of them to be able to replace all engine instruments.

I really like having the Aspen, G5, EDM-900 all in my direct field of view. Flush mounting keeps everything looking clean and factory.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

So call LASAR.  Dan is sending me the last one of these he has...but I am sure he can make more if the demand is there!  Very reasonably priced and, from what I gather, no cutting required just some stand-off drilling.  It is set up for the marker beacon lights, so I need to figure out what to do with that empty space but that's a small price to pay IMO.  

Since I still have the Britain Autopilot, thinking of taking to a machine shop and having them turn the middle hole into a 1" for the vacuum gauge.  Add the JPI warning light above that and make the bottom hole avionics master.  Then, add a spot below the three holes for my future 406 ELT remote switch.  Velcro at the very bottom for a portable CO2 monitor.  

Dual G5 panel.jpg

Edited by TCUDustoff

Recently upgraded my ‘62C. Left panel was from an older upgrade with std 6 pack arrangement from Lasar. Took a bit of modification to fit the new G5’s. Right side is new aluminum with a vinyl wrap overly to match the left side. All made in house. Notice top slot in avionics stack waiting on GNC500. I love the redundancy. 

EDB61D79-68D9-49CC-A8AB-52F8E6B150E0.jpeg

Spare room in the panel... ?

Consider an AOAi in that location...

Closer to the top of the panel for easy scanning during landing... is best...

A few MSers have used the CYA100(?) with good results...

Possibly a good place to put the CO monitor, if it fits...

Best regards,

-a-

20 hours ago, carusoam said:

Best regards,

-a-

CO monitor is right over the backup AI. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, carusoam said:

Best regards,

-a-

Chuck,

There are about a half dozen AOAi used my MSers...

From  low cost to super expensive...

This will get you close to the discussions...

https://mooneyspace.com/search/?q=Angle of attack&updated_after=any&sortby=relevancy&search_and_or=and

They can work really well for getting your landing energy right...

Best regards,

-a-

20 hours ago, carusoam said:

Chuck,

There are about a half dozen AOAi used my MSers...

From  low cost to super expensive...

This will get you close to the discussions...

https://mooneyspace.com/search/?q=Angle of attack&updated_after=any&sortby=relevancy&search_and_or=and

They can work really well for getting your landing energy right...

Best regards,

-a-

Thanks. I’m becoming addicted to MS. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1