Flying into VNY

Castle and Cooke might let you do a drop off if you buy a little gas. I prefer them to signature ( north, east, or west)

Might try the airtel hotel on the east side.They have a gate on the east side of the field. 

I'm always running all over the airport for work and have yet to find a gate that required no precordnation or coordination.

Have them meet you at SMO. Transient parking on the south side is free to drop off etc. 

-Matt

Go to The Park. They're on the NW part of the airport. $10 overnight fee but I would think no fee to drop off a passenger. More reasonable fuel if you need it. Take Alpha northbound to Alpha2 westbound and keep going around a left hand turn to The Park. I'm parked there now, leaving for home in a few hours.

00552AD.PDF

Justin Sykes 

Facilities Coordinator

The Park VNY 

(818) 902-2123

Justin@theparkvny.com

• Like 1

13 hours ago, MB65E said:

Castle and Cooke might let you do a drop off if you buy a little gas. I prefer them to signature ( north, east, or west)

Castle and Cooke has a $30 ramp fee, waived with 20 gallons of fuel at $7.48/gallon.

On 11/3/2017 at 5:58 AM, MB65E said:

The landing fee in my E is $10.48. But the drop is free. So it's cheaper than rolling into signature and getting dinged $50 for a ramp fee at other airports. 

-Matt

I believe Signature has a 3 hour free of charge ramp. but once it passes 3 hours it probably isn't very cheap. That's at least what I've seen when I've dealt with signature both at john Wayne and long beach.

Does the airtel hotel still have a couple of ramp parking spots?  I remember going in there for lunch one day on the patio and seeing some spots for GA.  This was 10 years ago, however.  Might call em up and see if you can park there for lunch or something?

2 hours ago, bradp said:

Does the airtel hotel still have a couple of ramp parking spots?  I remember going in there for lunch one day on the patio and seeing some spots for GA.  This was 10 years ago, however.  Might call em up and see if you can park there for lunch or something?

Yes

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/6/2017 at 7:41 PM, ilovecornfields said:

Thanks for all the responses. I’m going to try the Prop Park and I’ll let you all know how it goes.

Just call each FBO and inquire.  It’s my standard operating procedure when heading somewhere that has similar distances to the airports or multiple FBOs on the field.

-Seth

I ended up trying the Prop Park. I wanted to try it again before I make up my mind. They were having some issues the day I went and there was no one around so we ended up having the airport police let us out. We were eventually able to get the gate code to get back in, but then there were 4 planes in line for the self-service fuel so I just ended up getting a few gallons from the Signature fuel truck and flew home. Seems like a good idea, but I think they’re still trying to work out the kinks. I’ll give it another try next time I’m down there. Seems like it might be the way to go once everything gets settled.

I just saw this thread too late sorry....

Next time call or email Ryan      ryan@theparkvny.com

He is part of management there.  His mobile is (949) 584-9395

He would be the go to guy for this......

Be careful with your Mooney at the pump.  There is a required bump on both sides of the ramp that is not prop friendly for us.

Just southeast of the pump is a transient ramp.  Being that things are still under construction you could probably park there overnight without any hassle and for free.  No-one really would notice.  Bring your own chalks,,no tie downs

Edited by Jim Peace

• 2 months later...

After a less than excellent experience at the Prop Park last time (no one there, had to get security to let us out, 4 planes in line for fuel) we tried Signature West this past weekend. I think I was last there 20 years ago when it was Beechcraft West. Had a great experience. They ran out to meet the plane. No ramp/handling fee. Took on 15 Gal 100LL and got out of there for less than $100. My son liked the popcorn too.