Monroy tanks

peevee

Note the fine print on the site:

This kit can only be sold if our sister company, Blue Skies Aviation does the installation. This is a new requirement by the Manufacturer.

-Don

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, hammdo said:

Note the fine print on the site:

This kit can only be sold if our sister company, Blue Skies Aviation does the installation. This is a new requirement by the Manufacturer.

-Don

Not a very practical policy to cover international customers who want this mod.

Clarence

31 minutes ago, M20Doc said:

Not a very practical policy to cover international customers who want this mod.

Clarence

I’ve never really seen an STC where they require some designee of theirs to perform the work, 

9 hours ago, sekomel said:

hi there

anyone knows a place in europe can install 'monroy extra fuel tanks'? or is it easy to do it with a technicians that never done so far?

thanks a million in advance,

If you can get a kit, Troyes Aviation in France can do it (at least, they *used* to be able to do it) Give Francoise/Antoine/JP a call there. I also think there is a "Weep no More" franchise operating in NL or BE - they can probably do it too for which I expect Bernard Maeterlinck will know how to get in contact.

Any easy to do - certainly not! Look at my earlier post. If you want to DIY, put aside lots of time (and buy volumes 3 and 4 of new curse words)

Edited by Awful_Charlie
  • Like 1

On 10/31/2017 at 1:33 PM, Bravoman said: About the only downside to the long-range tanks is I really feel that I cannot have a lineman top me off because it takes time for the fuel to settle in properly so that the tanks are full. Linemen  will rarely get that right. Just another reason why I will always fuel my own aircraft or supervise fueling with my own eyes. 

This was definitely a reality in the ovation I had with Monroy tanks. 
I also had a little adjustment period from my previous Mooney  which had the most accurate gauges of the five I have owned, down to the 10th of a gallon every time. 
I never really knew exactly how much I had in the tanks unless I was the one who did the top off. Even then, after that was somewhat of a myster if you looked at wing gauges and the electronic gauges (g1000). That being said, the stc poh addition explained how to read them, the totalizer was always very accurate, and the only attribute I noticed was that I always had plenty of fuel.  
If they ever get the landing gear gross weight increase accomplished, an acclaim with TKS, a/c, and monroy tanks will be the fastest, most capable, most comfortable and longest range of any GA single piston plane. 
(I may be biased....)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sekomel said:

thanks a million @Awful_Charlie that s great to hear but I need to get the kit first and have no idea how to get it.

Just give Jose a call/email/pm. (monroyaero.com) When I bought/installed in 2017 he was super helpful and a pleasure to deal with - even after the purchase. The kit is several pieces of metal, nuts, bolts, drain values, labels and a substantial quantity of PRC (the latter has a shelf life) as well as the all important paperwork. IIRC shipping was a few hundred and you have whatever your country's import duty & tax too (EU civil aircraft parts are sometimes duty exempt, but my experience is that you can never be sure to avoid it. MWSt/TVA/VAT/(tax) is very rarely avoidable in my experience!)

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, jetdriven said:

I’ve never really seen an STC where they require some designee of theirs to perform the work, 

Sure for some of the more involved like TKS, but hundreds of others just require a maintainer’s licence.

Clarence

thanks again guys for the useful comments.

if anyone have contact with Jose Monroy itself, I will be very appreciated if update us about his latest situation.

as I am preparing for circumnavigate the world project next year his extra fuel tanks are very important.

I hope he feels better soon.

hi everyone

I just talked with Mr. Jose Monroy, his sound was better, I said him everyone says hi from mooneyspace.com and wish him feel better soon.

he said, if everything is goes better, he might be able to produce the tanks again in the summer.

I don’t know the latest situation there (I mean covid-19 restrictions - as I don’t live in Florida) but I think it would be nice to visit him sometimes for moralising.

hope he will be back soon to the jungle :)

wish you all sunny days

• Like 5

Things to look forward to...

1) Some people recover very well from some really strong injuries... it takes plenty of effort, every day...   the kind of effort José has always been good at... :)

2) José continues to drop by around here somewhat often... disguised as the great cosmonaut  @Gagarin

3) There seem to be at least a handful of people interested, and asking about getting the Monroy STC for their Mooney...

4) There is an organization around here that continues to support other STCs...  meaning, if José needs/wants support to make things happen there may be a good way to enable that support... either short term or long term... while still maintaining control of the STC...

PP thoughts only, wishing everyone well...

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 1