A MILD birdstrike

On 10/31/2017 at 10:13 PM, amillet said:

Sea gulls poop in flight. My Tundra got bombed last week.

I’ve been bombed by seagulls in flight twice while at the beach.  My girlfriend now wife cracked up the last time it happened and stated the bird was just reminding me I didn’t actually belong up there.

-Seth

4 hours ago, rogerl said:

Not to be mean, but isn't messing with migratory waterfowl a federal offense ??  Looks to me like they are endangering the birds in flight, and spooking them on the ground.  Maybe not in France .. ??!

If you didn't understand the dialogue, this was a certified ornithologist and he raised the birds personally and worked with them in an attempt to teach them how to migrate again. So the video is of him flying with his own flock. It's similar to the crane rescue program that was going here in the States before, yes, the Feds shut them down.  I can't remember exactly why that happened...I think it had as much to do with the FAA as it did with the Interior Department or any concern for the water fowl.