Look what showed up at our field today

jackn

1 hour ago, bonal said:

just out of curiosity i looked up the reg number seems this one had a little mishap while the pilot was running the engine with no one on board the plane decided to start moving and ended up in a field with what looks like maybe a collapsed nose gear. 

Well I still have dibs but it’ll cost him another 50k ;)  

Not sure I’d get out of the aircraft and leave it unoccupied with the prop spinning. Trying to hand prop it by himself?

8 hours ago, Yetti said:

Correct me if I am wrong, but for $4000.00 I could have parachutes for me and my wife.  Some pull pins on the door and I am ready to go.   You can't fix the Cirrus wing and side yoke that seem to get most people low and slow.  3 stall spins in Texas in the last year.  One a high time air force test pilot.

And on here we had a naval aviator park his Mooney in a house.  All airplane types when flown by humans are subject to crashing for many reasons.

Clarence

Edited by M20Doc

4 hours ago, bonal said:

this was just over a year ago at 1o2 paint and color is purley subjective. . . . we just cant help having out little Ford VS Chevy debates while all the Dodge fans sit back and chuckle

16acclaim2.jpg

Yes, paint is very subjective. While I don't necessarily like the colors of some of Mooneys new schemes, I do prefer actual colors over white & color with swirly stripes. But that's just me, and two owners ago who painted my plane.

20161029_144015.thumb.jpg.a9dd7fdff24129bf24398c1d54fb9ae0.jpg

post-6921-0-77447300-1433260716.thumb.jpg.7123f28af2c3bba18233f2665ae9bd05.jpg

Edited by Hank

On 10/29/2017 at 8:23 PM, peevee said:

And you know, the fact that it was designed 20 years ago and not 60. And it's more comfortable and better equipped and has modern avionics.

I don't see many j models truing out at 190 knots either.

Oh and dual alternators and no vacuum system.

Oh, forgot dual ahrs and screens that run reversionary mode.

I love it when people spend 400k on an airplane and thousands a year on fixed cost and brag about saving a few gallons an hour like they're saving real amounts of money.

There are several mooneys that true at 190 KTAS and less fuel burn per trip than a Cirrus. 

Edited by jetdriven

On 10/30/2017 at 9:59 AM, bluehighwayflyer said:

Dude. Don’t kid yourself. Those are the luckiest two guys in the face of the earth. Our roll cage is better than nothing but it was designed for flight loads.  Not crashworthiness.

I have owned Mooneys continuously since 1982 and will probably never own another make of aircraft, but how anyone can begrudge Cirrus for giving their pilots another option in the event of an emergency is beyond me. 

Jim

My father's beef with Cirrus is that they advertise the CAPS as a "bonus safety feature" when in reality it is there because the FAA won't certify the plane without it, as the airframe does not meet spin-recovery requirements.  Their cute little cuffed wing delays the onset of spin, but at the cost of delaying recovery beyond the 1-rotation or 3-second rule.

On 10/29/2017 at 6:23 PM, peevee said:

On 10/29/2017 at 6:23 PM, peevee said:

And you know, the fact that it was designed 20 years ago and not 60. And it's more comfortable and better equipped and has modern avionics.

I don't see many j models truing out at 190 knots either.

Oh and dual alternators and no vacuum system.

Oh, forgot dual ahrs and screens that run reversionary mode.

I love it when people spend 400k on an airplane and thousands a year on fixed cost and brag about saving a few gallons an hour like they're saving real amounts of money.

Can you run that Sirrus at an engine speed other than 2700 rpm with an MP over 27"?

Edited by Pissed'Ole-Pete

Follow up, I met the owner today. He's self made and an immigrant. He also flys a 182 on floats. Nice guy and very likable. 

The airplane is serial #3, and he took delivery about a month ago. He can paint his plane anyway he sees fit as far as I'm concerned. 

IMG_0233.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
On 10/28/2017 at 8:04 PM, peevee said:

Someone actually buy one or was it a factory demo ship?

Man that's uh, bad, bad paint.

3 partners bought it.  It's in my hanger at HWV.  They fly in on a beautiful float plane, then go have fun in their new toy.  

• Like 1

On 10/29/2017 at 7:15 PM, peevee said:

We'll have to let the market decide. It's a 6 month wait to get a new sr22. How many new mooneys they sell this year again?

Yeah and transformers movies are the #1 movies when they come out, doesn't mean they are the best....

• Like 1

7 hours ago, peevee said:

Because there are still one or two decent people here. They seem to be dwindling....

Actually there are are great number of decent people on here. There is a cornucopia of knowlege that doesn’t exist on other GA sites. Maybe they’re dwindling because they don’t like having their aircraft of choice demeaned. The site is named Mooneyspace. 

59 minutes ago, Tony Starke said:

Actually there are are great number of decent people on here. There is a cornucopia of knowlege that doesn’t exist on other GA sites. Maybe they’re dwindling because they don’t like having their aircraft of choice demeaned. The site is named Mooneyspace. 

you have 3 posts. do you even own an airplane?

The one thing I'll give the Cirrus is it can get all that speed with the gear hanging down.  No one ever landed gear up in a Cirrus.  And I have to admit, had I the money to buy a Cirrus I'd have the money to feed the parachute.   That said, I'd probably still take the Mooney.