Look what showed up at our field today

jackn

44 minutes ago, gsengle said:

20 vs 60 is meaningless. So was the p51. Pinnacle of piston single tech. You can get same avionics in either. Why ya still here if it’s so lame?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We'll have to let the market decide. It's a 6 month wait to get a new sr22. How many new mooneys they sell this year again?

1 hour ago, peevee said:

And you know, the fact that it was designed 20 years ago and not 60. And it's more comfortable and better equipped and has modern avionics.

I don't see many j models truing out at 190 knots either.

Oh and dual alternators and no vacuum system.

Oh, forgot dual ahrs and screens that run reversionary mode.

I love it when people spend 400k on an airplane and thousands a year on fixed cost and brag about saving a few gallons an hour like they're saving real amounts of money.

We fly Mooneys for the MPGs and mission capability. I'm sure the feeling is mutual with most people here, if we had $750k plus to drop on a plane, we would not be looking at either a SR22 or Acclaim.

Where is the Cirrus forum? I'd love to go on there and start a thread on MPGs and pick on people why they aren't flying a Mooney. (sarcasm implied).

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, peevee said:

We'll have to let the market decide. It's a 6 month wait to get a new sr22. How many new mooneys they sell this year again?

Market's weird.  Acclaim is faster, more comfortable, safer, more efficient, has better engineered landing gear, and (subjective) is better looking.  Cirrus will, inexplicably, sell more inferior planes than Mooney will sell superior ones.  Same thing happens with cars, too.  Toyota will sell more Corollas than Mazda will sell 3's despite the 3 being a vastly superior vehicle in every way.  Most consumers are bad consumers.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Raptor05121 said:

We fly Mooneys for the MPGs and mission capability. I'm sure the feeling is mutual with most people here, if we had $750k plus to drop on a plane, we would not be looking at either a SR22 or Acclaim.

Where is the Cirrus forum? I'd love to go on there and start a thread on MPGs and pick on people why they aren't flying a Mooney. (sarcasm implied).

Here's the link, type away.

https://www.cirruspilots.org/

Clarence

On 10/29/2017 at 10:51 AM, Hank said:

I've seen video of Cirri arriving badly and pretty much disintegrating in a shower of tiny carbon fiber fragments, that's not survivable.

That's complete nonsense and you know it. If the loads are high enough for the Cirri cabin to disintegrate, Mooney cabin will do the same. How about this video. I wonder if a Mooney driver would have walked away from this one. More likely not as 3 point harnesses are useless at tits on a boar. 

Watch at 30 second mark and tell me how well you'd be doing with the yoke in your chest and glare shield in your head. There is nothing magical to the steel cage. Formula One cars are all carbon fiber shells and they deal with impacts just fine. SR22 is designed to make a 26G crash survivable. Mooney cannot say the same. Cabin remained entirely intact. I'm not bashing Mooney, love the aircraft, but I just don't understand the animosity towards Cirrus, basically the only company keeping GA going these days.

Edited by AndyFromCB

So, the photo of the original post is that of the first production Acclaim Ultra, which was sold to two partners in the NYC area that will use it for both business and personal reasons. I got this from a picture and caption that was posted in the latest MAPA Log. It was delivered to the owners at Osh.  I just thought we might like to end this thread with a bit of reality and fact, rather than the scurrilous banter that so often intrudes on these types of discussions.

Of course, the scurrilous banter is more fun to read, so Peevee, please, keep on flaming!

2 hours ago, AndyFromCB said:

That's complete nonsense and you know it. If the loads are high enough for the Cirri cabin to disintegrate, Mooney cabin will do the same. How about this video. I wonder if a Mooney driver would have walked away from this one. More likely not as 3 point harnesses are useless at tits on a boar. 

Watch at 30 second mark and tell me how well you'd be doing with the yoke in your chest and glare shield in your head. There is nothing magical to the steel cage. Formula One cars are all carbon fiber shells and they deal with impacts just fine. SR22 is designed to make a 26G crash survivable. Mooney cannot say the same. Cabin remained entirely intact. I'm not bashing Mooney, love the aircraft, but I just don't understand the animosity towards Cirrus, basically the only company keeping GA going these days.

aww, 407ND.

I used to fly that airplane, she also used to belong to UND, though after I graduated. We found each other 2 states away somehow. She was a good plane. They signed me off after a 45 minute check out though. Maybe that's why it's not around any longer.

9 hours ago, AndyFromCB said:

I just don't understand the animosity towards Cirrus, basically the only company keeping GA going these days.

I’ve said it often before:  cirrus makes a fine product, the parachute is a great selling point and safety addition. 

It’s Cirrus OWNERS I don’t care for. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Correct me if I am wrong, but for $4000.00 I could have parachutes for me and my wife.  Some pull pins on the door and I am ready to go.   You can't fix the Cirrus wing and side yoke that seem to get most people low and slow.  3 stall spins in Texas in the last year.  One a high time air force test pilot.

56 minutes ago, Yetti said:

Correct me if I am wrong, but for $4000.00 I could have parachutes for me and my wife.  Some pull pins on the door and I am ready to go.   You can't fix the Cirrus wing and side yoke that seem to get most people low and slow.  3 stall spins in Texas in the last year.  One a high time air force test pilot.

Where are the links to these flying death trap accidents?

The only reason I haven't bought one is I would still be walking up to the right side of plane to get in it.  I moved my silverware drawer from the right side of sink to the left about 8 months ago, still keep checking the right side.  I think I will get it down in another 6-8 months....maybe.  

On ‎10‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 4:32 PM, jackn said:

Not your father's airplane. 

1028171314.jpg

Back on point this was just over a year ago at 1o2 paint and color is purley subjective.  If I had that kind of funds based on looks alone would choose a new Acclaim over a cirrus since I have never flown either looks is all i have to go on.  I have no doubt the SR is a fantastic airplane but we just cant help having out little Ford VS Chevy debates while all the Dodge fans sit back and chuckle

16acclaim2.jpg

16acclaim4.jpg

16acclaim6.jpg

16acclaim5.jpg

• Like 2

just out of curiosity i looked up the reg number seems this one had a little mishap while the pilot was running the engine with no one on board the plane decided to start moving and ended up in a field with what looks like maybe a collapsed nose gear.