Your Favorite Ride with your Favorite Plane

2 minutes ago, NJMac said:

Is that a manual or paddle shifter? I'd like a 458 one day.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

It’s e-gear with paddle shift, similar to the F1 transmission that Ferrari offers. I was looking at 458’s as well. They are gorgeous! Opted for this because it has a Heffner twin turbo kit.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Hank said:

So which one is fastest? I know it ain't the Bimmer!

:lol:

Gixxer is geared down since Road America was the only track where I needed the top gear.  So it is currently only good for around 165mph

Ducati has no windscreen so its top speed depends on how well I can hold on (not tested)

M40i gets to the grocery store fast, don't know about the top end.  

Mooney wins on all accounts

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

My classic vehicle collection.  The jeep is a 1948 Willy's CJ2A with the "Go Devil" flat head engine that produces that sound of freedom you hear in just about every WWII movie.  While both are 4-cyl, the jeep engine has only half the cubes, will run on 65 octane fuel, with Vne of about 39 KIGS.

Willy_n_Lil_Sis.jpg

• Like 2

My classic vehicle collection.  The jeep is a 1948 Willy's CJ2A with the "Go Devil" flat head engine that produces that sound of freedom you hear in just about every WWII movie.  While both are 4-cyl, the jeep engine has only half the cubes, will run on 65 octane fuel, with max. cruise of about 39 KIGS.

Willy_n_Lil_Sis.thumb.jpg.5c4af90c8519abcaf2e5ab3c53b9b3b6.jpg

You have the original “Side-by-side”. I might have to grab one of those Mahindra Roxor licensed copies; only 15 AMU’s.

2 hours ago, 0TreeLemur said:

My classic vehicle collection.  The jeep is a 1948 Willy's CJ2A with the "Go Devil" flat head engine that produces that sound of freedom you hear in just about every WWII movie.  While both are 4-cyl, the jeep engine has only half the cubes, will run on 65 octane fuel, with max. cruise of about 39 KIGS.

Nice. I had a 1947 Willy's CJ2A, but somebody had put an F-head engine from a CJ3 in it.   It wasn't really much different than the flathead, except it had a bulge in the hood for the taller motor.   I did a lot of four-wheeling in it.   It was quite the mule.

38 minutes ago, EricJ said:

Nice. I had a 1947 Willy's CJ2A, but somebody had put an F-head engine from a CJ3 in it.   It wasn't really much different than the flathead, except it had a bulge in the hood for the taller motor.   I did a lot of four-wheeling in it.   It was quite the mule.

Thanks!   Sadly, old CJ2A's went through a period of massive abuse back in the 70's-90's when they were seen as worthless.  I have seen a lot of heavily adulterated examples.  This one is essentially pristine except the electrical system was converted from 6VDC generator to 12VDC alternator/starter.    All the body parts are original and mostly undamaged.   Each one that goes to the scrap yard makes mine more valuable now...

• Like 1