Your Favorite Ride with your Favorite Plane

26 minutes ago, carusoam said:

Some like the Carol Shelby approach... use the lightweight and aerodynamics that have been developed, and cram a bigger motor in it... This is like an Eagle with a 310hp TopProp on the front...

You people can be really fun some days! :)

Best regards,

-a-

"There is no replacement for displacement."  --Big Daddy Garlits

20171021_100704.thumb.jpg.3d90e79e223bdebf33a1912b793927e4.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 12/16/2017 at 11:41 AM, carusoam said:

^^^ And somebody said Mooneys were tight and hard to work on...   :)

Hank, No cover for all those blue relays and electronic bits at the back of the photo?  Or is it covered and sealed with the hood?

Best regards,

-a-

I like it tight . . . .  ;)

Nope, the blue relays never had a cover. They're weatherproof!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 10/30/2017 at 11:23 PM, rbridges said:

I really lost my taste for cars after getting my PPL. I got rid of my cayman in '12 and was without a sports car until last year. My son guilted me into getting something a little sporty so that he could drive it until he left for college. Lol. 

Nothing exotic but its still a fun ride. 

IMG_20171029_152320.jpg

THAT is a sweet car. I've been pining over getting one of those for the longest, especially in Oxford White.

On 11/8/2017 at 12:43 AM, nsrrlearjet said:

IMG_6596.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About time someone shows up with a truck.

My 1998 F-150. Little 4.2L V6, gets about 17mpg, has about 600,000 miles on the odometer. Its slowly starting to fall apart but its $200/yr to insure and gas is cheap. It would be nice to get a new Mustang but the idea of spending $5-600/month for the next 6 years is abhorrent to me.

10600485_10152646002334640_5122519312531296958_n.jpg

26962013_1021115908037365_7171056460608729668_o.jpg

• Like 3

On 12/16/2017 at 12:41 PM, carusoam said:

^^^ And somebody said Mooneys were tight and hard to work on...   :)

Hank, No cover for all those blue relays and electronic bits at the back of the photo?  Or is it covered and sealed with the hood?

Best regards,

-a-

It’s Lucas stuff...so many things to fail before an uncovered relay!

17 minutes ago, Shadrach said:

It’s Lucas stuff...so many things to fail before an uncovered relay!

The real reason beer is served warm in England:  Lucas makes refrigerators . . . . .

There are so many surprising not-English parts in the car (from the Coventry factory). Italian ignition, American transmission . . . My problems have all been accessories, not the big hunk of cast iron or anything bolted to it.

8 hours ago, Hank said:

The real reason beer is served warm in England:  Lucas makes refrigerators . . . . .

There are so many surprising not-English parts in the car (from the Coventry factory). Italian ignition, American transmission . . . My problems have all been accessories, not the big hunk of cast iron or anything bolted to it.

My father had an '78 XJ6 in Signal Red and still has a '71 E-type 2+2 V12 in Regency Red.  The E was dad's 4th and  was purchased in 1973 in anticipation of their first baby (me).  I guess in those days when you were expecting you sold the roadster and bought a 2+2 coupe...mini van shmini van.  I wish he had kept the earlier cars.  He had the 27th E-type coupe to enter the country in '61, and picked up a beautiful Carmen Red roadster from Coventry in '64.  I have super 8 cockpit footage somewhere of him driving  the track at Le Mans. 

I've come by the car disease honestly...I never had a chance.:unsure:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Shadrach said:

My father had an '78 XJ6 in Signal Red and still has a '71 E-type 2+2 V12 in Regency Red.  The E was dad's 4th and  was purchased in 1973 in anticipation of their first baby (me).  I guess in those days when you were expecting you sold the roadster and bought a 2+2 coupe...mini van shmini van.  I wish he had kept the earlier cars.  He had the 27th E-type coupe to enter the country in '61, and picked up a beautiful Carmen Red roadster from Coventry in '64.  I have super 8 cockpit footage somewhere of him driving  the track at Le Mans. 

I've come by the car disease honestly...I never had a chance.:unsure:

Great story Ross.  Wow, your dad did have some wonderful E types.  That hits me in the gut as I really do NOT want to sell my 987, but it can not remain in the small stable...sigh.  We had a lot of fun together and Kel and I have some fond memories.  Your dad definitely sowed the car guy seed.  I am doing the same ;)

Bike is next when the snow stops flying...

• Like 2

4 hours ago, MyNameIsNobody said:

Great story Ross.  Wow, your dad did have some wonderful E types.  That hits me in the gut as I really do NOT want to sell my 987, but it can not remain in the small stable...sigh.  We had a lot of fun together and Kel and I have some fond memories.  Your dad definitely sowed the car guy seed.  I am doing the same ;)

Bike is next when the snow stops flying...

I thought the silloutte under that cover looked familiar. I’m sure you love your 997 with all the additional grunt, but as a tool for carving pavement I prefer the mid-engines cars. I’ve been driving this for the last few days. 

A555239C-25FA-4186-8B1A-351A853AD7E1.thumb.jpeg.1df0a4794c6f7203cf9157b42f647378.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

And here we go: Favourite bike with Favourite (only) plane:  82 CX500T with 64' M20C

qmAA-TfT0-ZKSwZAu2fKq9cIUsn5EX_C1vA43eEG

766sScpEiujvvlaS6b8I4eqaXMF9mc2W_nvO_bve

kDHZSj2eORw89zd6NylGEqRQ233TtouJqI2-C6Dz

t3dAJAn1Gk7apaIfEEDPx8XS_sfURp-S0nW0dLg7

Now I just need to work out a way to ride two motorcycles at once, so I can get the Turbo, Silverwing, and Mooney all in the same picture...

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, Wildhorsesracing said:

Took this pic today with my new ride and the Mooney Pit (I was taking the Biplane to get an Annual).

20180625_094250.jpg

Beautiful wheels ... all 7. I think a C5 and Mooney make a great combo!

• Like 1

I don’t know how I missed this thread!

I have several older cars. All manual transmissions to go with my manual gear Mooney.  No pics at hand right at the moment though.

First of all my Mooney shares the hangar with my highly modified 1948 ragwing Cessna 140.  She has an O200, alternator, vacuum pump and a custom madE panel with six pack, centerstack, LOC and GS.

My common drivers are my 2001 Mercedes SLK320 six speed and my 2006 Mustang GT five speed that I bought new.  I only use a truck when I need a truck.  It is a 2000 F150 regular cab, short bed, 4x4, V8 five speed.  I also have a ‘64 Ford Galaxies Two Door hardtop, 289 V8, three on the tree.

Us boys and our toys!:)

• Like 2

I don’t know how I missed this thread!
I have several older cars. All manual transmissions to go with my manual gear Mooney.  No pics at hand right at the moment though.
First of all my Mooney shares the hangar with my highly modified 1948 ragwing Cessna 140.  She has an O200, alternator, vacuum pump and a custom madE panel with six pack, centerstack, LOC and GS.
My common drivers are my 2001 Mercedes SLK320 six speed and my 2006 Mustang GT five speed that I bought new.  I only use a truck when I need a truck.  It is a 2000 F150 regular cab, short bed, 4x4, V8 five speed.  I also have a ‘64 Ford Galaxies Two Door hardtop, 289 V8, three on the tree.
Us boys and our toys!:)
Pictures or it doesn't exist....

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

31 minutes ago, gsxrpilot said:

Here is what it used to be... before I upgraded... both.

I'm not sure you up-graded, on the car. :)  I drive an MX5, and prefer it to driving any sedan. Not knocking a BMW. It is just that for driving pleasure, the MX5 is high on the list. Close but not too close to the car they copied to create it; ie. Lotus Elan. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, DonMuncy said:

I'm not sure you up-graded, on the car. :)  I drive an MX5, and prefer it to driving any sedan. Not knocking a BMW. It is just that for driving pleasure, the MX5 is high on the list. Close but not too close to the car they copied to create it; ie. Lotus Elan. 

I would agree, I have driven both at full speed on a racetrack and the MX5 is a much better handling car.  It is probably because the newer BMW's are so much heavier and loaded with "features".