Mooney 201 Checklist for Foreflight

Zulee

I created a custom checklist from the POH (and several additions) specific to my plane and loaded it into FF on my iPad. As avionics have changed, I have updated it and reloaded it. The checklist only includes normal operations items and no emergency checklists, but does cover cruise, descent and VFR approach to landing.

I took the checklist from the POH and entered it into Excel, adding various reminders (keys out of pocket before entering plane, check emergency gear extension is latched, etc.), broke it into multiple pages and emailed it to myself. Opened email and sent it to FF where I opened it in my Mooney folder in the documents section. In addition to the checklist, I have my POH scanned into FF, pilot guides for new instruments or avionics, a couple of the MAPA PPP pages specific to my J model and the quick reference guide for the MX-20.

• Like 1

I've preflighted my plane enough times that I haven't used the checklist for that in several years, so putting fun things like "Keys out of pocket before entering plane" won't help me. Durn it, I still do that sometimes, it's really only a problem on winter weekends when I'm wearing a coat and jeans . . .

• Like 2

On 10/25/2017 at 10:56 AM, bradp said:

Why yes.  I think I can email it but am not sure I can post it on the forum. 

Edit.  See if this works. Verify the speeds for short / soft (and everything else for that matter) as I believe I rote copied them from the POH but they don’t make sense to me now  

N201QH.fmd

I tried to open the file but none of my aps could open the .fmd extension, what kind of file is it?

On 10/25/2017 at 12:12 PM, Hank said:

I've preflighted my plane enough times that I haven't used the checklist for that in several years, so putting fun things like "Keys out of pocket before entering plane" won't help me. Durn it, I still do that sometimes, it's really only a problem on winter weekends when I'm wearing a coat and jeans . . .

Well at least I now know that i am not the only one that straps in with keys still in pocket.

• Like 2

On 10/25/2017 at 11:06 AM, Oldguy said:

I created a custom checklist from the POH (and several additions) specific to my plane and loaded it into FF on my iPad. As avionics have changed, I have updated it and reloaded it. The checklist only includes normal operations items and no emergency checklists, but does cover cruise, descent and VFR approach to landing.

I took the checklist from the POH and entered it into Excel, adding various reminders (keys out of pocket before entering plane, check emergency gear extension is latched, etc.), broke it into multiple pages and emailed it to myself. Opened email and sent it to FF where I opened it in my Mooney folder in the documents section. In addition to the checklist, I have my POH scanned into FF, pilot guides for new instruments or avionics, a couple of the MAPA PPP pages specific to my J model and the quick reference guide for the MX-20.

Wow, you have been busy with checklists, I like it !!!

And by the way, I was based at Pell City airport once upon a time many years ago when I was flying a Piper (shhhhh, don't tell anyone on mooneyspace) and lived in Trussville.  I miss the approaches over that beautiful lake, what a great view!

I clicked on the checklist link provided and it automatically opened in ForeFlight. It’s a bit different than my 1993 201, but it will be much easier for me to edit it than start from scratch. I will post my completed ForeFlight checklist when finished so another Mooney pilot with a plane more similar to mine can use or edit for their purposes. After seeing this in action and never using this function before, I am more committed to ForeFlight than ever before.

Mooneyspace is a great resource, especially to a new Mooney owner and it’s members are great. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, bradp said:

That file is in the foreflight checklist format.  Try opening it up with the foreflight app and then going to the checklist menu to see if it’s in your list. 

The foreflight checklists are pretty nice. 

0505D259-8E8E-4A4A-9250-3F7BA2595286.png

Oh, that makes sense...i will give that a shot.  Thanks for taking the time to follow back up.

15 minutes ago, Zulee said:

Oh, that makes sense...i will give that a shot.  Thanks for taking the time to follow back up.

BradP,

It took me a few minutes and a quick ForeFlight video and import was complete...it worked like a charm.  Thanks a ton for sharing the checklist, I can't imagine how long it took you to build all categories and I do appreciate you and your willingness to share.

Great job Sir !

• 4 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I adapted this to my needs from one posted here long ago, possibly even this thread. I don’t use the iPad for the preflight (paper doesn’t break if I drop it), so there is no walk around list in here, but it has normal, abnormal and emergency procedures. Of course check everything against your POH and change the flow to match your needs.

N4775H.fmd