Eddy Current inspection near KSNA

TheTurtle

I'm coming up on my 100 hour eddy current inspection.  My inspector comes up from san diego and charges $400 for a 4 hour min with drive time.  He says if I can get a few mooneys there at the same time we can split the cost.  Hes billing 4 hours regardless of how many planes he does in that time slot.

So anybody getting close or needs one before my annual is due end of January lets try to work out a schedule.

1 hour ago, RobertGary1 said:

THATs about what I Pay from Stockton propeller. I’ve heard there are cheaper places but they never pan out  

-Robert

well come on over to sna Ill youll get it half price ;)  Find one more mooniac and pay only a third.  Blow out prices, everyday come on  down to al harringtons wacky inflated waving arms  tube man emporium weeeeeeeeee.

43 minutes ago, StinkBug said:

Why not just fly it down to San Diego? It's a pretty short flight. 

honestly im not sure now that you mention it.  I think when I had it done last time I was AOG for annual and my IA wouldnt sign off until the eddy was done so he had to come up here.  Ill call and ask If its cheaper nearer to him.  I dont think he has a hangar or maint facility at an airport either though.

Ohh you have to take the spinner off and a couple bolts near the prop which technically cant be put back on without an A&P signoff I suppose is also an issue.

Edited by TheTurtle

Might just check around with other shops as well. I'm sure there's a place you can fly into and have it done pretty quickly. When I was shopping for airplanes I remember looking into it and not having too much trouble finding people to do it. I ended up buying a plane that had a new prop though, so I didn't end up needing a shop. Probably a good thing too, as I would have had to have that inspection done 7 times in the last 3 years. 

22 hours ago, TheTurtle said:

honestly im not sure now that you mention it.  I think when I had it done last time I was AOG for annual and my IA wouldnt sign off until the eddy was done so he had to come up here.  Ill call and ask If its cheaper nearer to him.  I dont think he has a hangar or maint facility at an airport either though.

Ohh you have to take the spinner off and a couple bolts near the prop which technically cant be put back on without an A&P signoff I suppose is also an issue.

I had my IA sign the annual with the prop ad as a discrepancy. The fsdo then gave me a ferry permit to get the ad done. 

The prop shop can remove and reinstall the spinner. 

-Robert

Edited by RobertGary1