Resurrecting a J

Fookz92

13 minutes ago, Danb said:

Hunter which Lear, Don A  and Sleigh flys N32hm Mellons Lear out of KILG..

You mean to tell me we have other guys on here that fly lears and own Mooney’s?! Based in ILG too?!  Sweet! 

Its a Lear 45 being managed by FlyAdvanced.  

16 hours ago, Marauder said:

Thought I would share an update. Got to meet Hunter in person. Invited him over from KCGE for some burgers and he took me up on it. I knew Hunter was a younger guy but I didn’t know he was a Lear pilot and a CFII to boot. Funny sometimes how your perception and reality differ.

Got a good chance to look over his J. He has some work ahead of him, but the plane looks solid and I am glad to see another one brought back from the grasp of our friendly neighborhood Sanford.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

When he flew over to Delaware, did it double the state's population?

38 minutes ago, Fookz92 said:

You mean to tell me we have other guys on here that fly lears and own Mooney’s?! Based in ILG too?!  Sweet! 

Its a Lear 45 being managed by FlyAdvanced.  

Ok I’m over at Flyadvanced occasionally, a couple workers are clients 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, rbridges said:

When he flew over to Delaware, did it double the state's population?

Many are coming to the great state of Delaware home of low taxes arguably best state in union plus the first

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fookz92 said:

No I don’t believe it did. (Manual) Trim system seems to run smoothly. 

I would think your plane is a prime candidate for the Jack screw to become non-responsive. At a minimum please open the access panels and at least visually look at the lubrication. if it is dried and Caked Up, that is a killer.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mcstealth said:

I would think your plane is a prime candidate for the Jack screw to become non-responsive. At a minimum please open the access panels and at least visually look at the lubrication. if it is dried and Caked Up, that is a killer.

Chatted with my IA tonight. He said it was checked out and lubricated

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Fookz92 said:

Chatted with my IA tonight. He said it was checked out and lubricated

Not to beat a dead horse, but I would look in the log books and see when if ever the Jack screw had been completely disassembled, cleaned, and lubricated. You certainly do not want 40 year old grease back there. This forum is sprinkled with stories about planes being Jack screw neglected, or worse bad accidents.

Not to beat a dead horse, but I would look in the log books and see when if ever the Jack screw had been completely disassembled, cleaned, and lubricated. You certainly do not want 40 year old grease back there. This forum is sprinkled with stories about planes being Jack screw neglected, or worse bad accidents.

I think the Mooney Service Center has been doing his work. Hopefully they covered it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

UPDATE: A few breakfast and lunch runs, a trip to Myrtle Beach and Florida and finally had accumulated 30 hours on the oil. I nervously sent in the first oil sample to Blackstone Labs. (awesome company) The report came back as a few areas were slightly higher than average but as expected from the cylinder #2 overhaul! Engine from 1977 and she still purrs happy and strong. 

Developed a small weep in the left wing that my IA and I will tackle this fall with a patch. No other squawks to speak of. What a blast a Mooney is to fly. #Mooneyspeed 

Thanks to everyone on Mooneyspace for all the threads and knowledge to help with this resurrection. 

IMG_2169.JPG

Edited by Fookz92
  • Like 10

• 4 weeks later...