Compass Card and Plastic Cover

Zulee

After installing and calibrating my PAI-700 vertical card compass (and being a bit anal to detail), I duplicated the old circa 1981 card and sized it to fit under the old plastic cover.  I thought I would share the file for anyone that might have swapped out their wet compass and installed a PAI-700 or other style compass and have the same plastic cover type mount.

I would ask if anyone knows a source for the plastic cover itself, as you can see mine is a bit discolored from the years...I would love to replace it.

I've attached some pictures of the project.

IMG_4947.JPG

IMG_4948.JPG

IMG_4949.JPG

• Like 1

I bought the kit for my M20C project years ago...

I found the compass company first then asked where to buy the stuff that goes with it...

I think AircraftSpruce has the blank card and a bottle of kerosene to go with the seals I needed...

I would prefer the file to type numbers into. My handwriting skills haven't improved over the years...

Way to go Zulee!

Best regards,

-a-

2 hours ago, N201MKTurbo said:

I looked all over for one of those. Couldn't find anybody who sells them. Strangely I found a brand new one in a bag in a box in the hangar. 

Wish I could remember where I got it.

Gotta love when that happens...the finding part.  HA

2 hours ago, carusoam said:

I bought the kit for my M20C project years ago...

I found the compass company first then asked where to buy the stuff that goes with it...

I think AircraftSpruce has the blank card and a bottle of kerosene to go with the seals I needed...

I would prefer the file to type numbers into. My handwriting skills haven't improved over the years...

Way to go Zulee!

Best regards,

-a-

I hear ya on the writing thing, I definitely type better.

• Like 1