Everytime I non-rev....

Guitarmaster

I can non rev as well but it is such a hassle these days to fight for the last seat or be stuck up front in an EMB whatever....even my passenger airline friends buy tickets when they go on vacation....

Flew my C non stop round trip from NJ to Dayton for the Air Force museum this past week.  Plus we made a small diversion down to Sporty's. There were two of us,   I can't imagine the time and money that would cost on the airlines.  

We were gone less than 48 hours and no pressure to be anywhere at any time.

• Like 1

The same occurs with platinum miles...

By the time you have sat 100,000 miles, there isn't much drive to go sit in a big airport to go somewhere.

Many have sat through 1,000,000 mi.  Fortunately they sit in the front rows where the seats are a bit more comfortable....

It is really cool to fly your own Mooney, non-stop, 800 miles.....

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 1

As a Mooney owner, I realize it is necessary to look down on airline travel...especially free airline travel, but I don't.  When I really need to be somewhere, the airlines provide a degree of capable reliability that my Mooney never will.  Ice and stormy weather make the Mooney too high a risk.

Sure, I enjoy the Mooney for some trips, but if I absolutely, positively have to be somewhere, I depend on the high flying heavy metal....and free is good.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Mooneymite said:

As a Mooney owner, I realize it is necessary to look down on airline travel...especially free airline travel, but I don't.  When I really need to be somewhere, the airlines provide a degree of capable reliability that my Mooney never will.  Ice and stormy weather make the Mooney too high a risk.

Sure, I enjoy the Mooney for some trips, but if I absolutely, positively have to be somewhere, I depend on the high flying heavy metal....and free is good.

it's also a lot cheaper. like, a LOT.

there's a sweet spot where it's faster to go by airline, I think about 1000nm

• Like 2