Camguard on sale....

Mooneymite

As explained above, you'll need more than one pint (16 oz) bottle per case of oil. 

I usually buy 2 cases of oil at a time to save freight. When I open a case of oil I add CamGuard to each quart so that the oil is already treated whether I'm changing oil and using 6 quarts or whether I'm getting a quart from the travel kit while out of town. 

Depending upon freight or taxes $18.71 is a great price. ASpruce gets $20.50 for their case price.

33 minutes ago, Bob_Belville said:

As explained above, you'll need more than one pint (16 oz) bottle per case of oil. 

I usually buy 2 cases of oil at a time to save freight. When I open a case of oil I add CamGuard to each quart so that the oil is already treated whether I'm changing oil and using 6 quarts or whether I'm getting a quart from the travel kit while out of town. 

Depending upon freight or taxes $18.71 is a great price. ASpruce gets $20.50 for their case price.

This is what I also do. I use a big cattle syringe and dose each quart of oil with 1.6oz camguard and Mark the bottles so I know. Then our makeup oil is all dosed as well.

17 hours ago, Bravoman said:

Camguard has a “use by” date. Not sure how significant that is.

I wonder what ingredient is time limited.  Avoil lasts a long time.  I know people who bought surplus 55 gallon barrels of oil from WW11 and used it in their R1820s.  No date of manufacture, but obviously not recent.

Perhaps the components separate?  Perhaps the use-by date is to prevent stocking up when it goes on sale?  <_<

• Like 1