Our good friend and Mooney Summit sponsor, Eric Rudningen of Oasis Aero, was involved in an accident with a C150 this week. He is ok, only suffering minor injuries. Eric is not only a master mechanic, but an active flight instructor as well. Eric, we are all glad you fared well!

http://www.wctrib.com/news/local/4346069-one-man-suffers-minor-injuries-plane-crash-near-willmar-municipal-airport

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, mike_elliott said:

Our good friend and Mooney Summit sponsor, Eric Rudningen of Oasis Aero, was involved in an accident with a C150 this week. He is ok, only suffering minor injuries. Eric is not only a master mechanic, but an active flight instructor as well. Eric, we are all glad you fared well!

http://www.wctrib.com/news/local/4346069-one-man-suffers-minor-injuries-plane-crash-near-willmar-municipal-airport

Glad he came out of that alright.  

Any preliminary cause?  From the picture it appears that the engine was not making power and the 3 down and welded  gear dug in while attempting an off field landing flipping the plane.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, kpaul said:

Glad he came out of that alright.  

Any preliminary cause?  From the picture it appears that the engine was not making power and the 3 down and welded  gear dug in while attempting an off field landing flipping the plane.

I received texts from him, but didnt want to go into anything about causation with him yet. I am sure he has a lot to sort out with the NTSB and others before we hear what happened, Kevin. If/when I do and he is ok with it, Ill post what I learn. 

1 minute ago, mike_elliott said:

I received texts from him, but didnt want to go into anything about causation with him yet. I am sure he has a lot to sort out with the NTSB and others before we hear what happened, Kevin. If/when I do and he is ok with it, Ill post what I learn. 

No worries, I'm not interested in deep diving into speculation.  I'm just glad he is doing well, and the Gilliand foundation did not have to make one of those calls.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, kpaul said:

No worries, I'm not interested in deep diving into speculation.  I'm just glad he is doing well, and the Gilliand foundation did not have to make one of those calls.

We did send him a little something to help. He is largely responsible for us being able to!

• Like 3