Dynon is getting closer

aviatoreb

18 minutes ago, jetdriven said:

MAube in one year for mooneys. Maybe longer. Here's the thing, what are they doing about ADSB. Because I'm not ripping out my 6500$ transponder that integrated with my GTN750 to install theirs. 

You could have dual transponders like the big boys...

I think if you take the time it takes the experimental AP’s to be certified and multiply it x 4 it will put you pretty close. At least by that time you will hopefully have more than one installer to choose from for the lower 48 customers. 

It will be measured in years...but might ship before the ki300. 

37 minutes ago, jetdriven said:

MAube in one year for mooneys. Maybe longer. Here's the thing, what are they doing about ADSB. Because I'm not ripping out my 6500$ transponder that integrated with my GTN750 to install theirs. 

...yeah - and I have a very nice engine monitor too.

But if the price is right...

It will be cheaper than the garmin TXi stuff but not by a huge margin and we all know garmin will be supported for years to come and their stuff works and is pretty dependable. 

Whats the sky view HDX going to cost when you buy the autopilot and ADSB and you must pay their shop (of which there aren't any) to install it? 

This would be amazing if it actually got to us,and i would want one, but I heard this years ago that they were working on approval. But they didn't have a video a few years ago, so thats some progress! Sounds like a really long time away, even if they do get approval for the two airplanes theyre committing to.

10 hours ago, jetdriven said:

It's remote mount. And the form factor looks the same as the Avidyne AXP322.   So I guess it depends on if they specify the Avidyne unit in the STC or if it is their branded Unit.  Does Avidyne make their units or are they sourced from another vendor?

4 hours ago, KSMooniac said:

Those two planes already flew to OSH with the system installed. It includes a digital autopilot as well. Everything except nav/coms.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

They SkyView system has a remote Com integrated

1 hour ago, Yetti said:

It's remote mount. And the form factor looks the same as the Avidyne AXP322.   So I guess it depends on if they specify the Avidyne unit in the STC or if it is their branded Unit.  Does Avidyne make their units or are they sourced from another vendor?

They're going to specify their transponder and, since I already have the GTX345r, the Garmin options will probably be cheaper than removing a transponder I installed last year. 

At this stage - I am hoping a pair of G5's and the GFC500 will be certified for my airplane.  That would be a lotta bang for the buck in term of operational improvement.  And considering I already have a newish ADSB-out transponder, and a EDM830, I am not feeling like I want all the rest that comes with an all in one.

I would consider a Txi 500-7'' depending on costs.

Trutrek and Trio are still very much in the running.

But I really like the ESP feature of GFC - which helps even if you make a mistake while hand flying.

the BK drop in might win out - if it has that feature - although I wish there was some modern version of the servos too, and I am not too happy with BK these days since they threatened us with massive cost increases earlier in the summer then backed off.  My KFC200 is running great, but for how long - and the ongoing costs are enough to pay for an upgrade to a modern feature rich digital autopilot ... which I will do in a year or so when things shake out and I see what is available in the market place.  Dynon might be in the running too if this thing is for real and at a fantastic price.

2 hours ago, Yetti said:

Trig makes Avidyne's transponders.

8 hours ago, jetdriven said:

It will be cheaper than the garmin TXi stuff but not by a huge margin and we all know garmin will be supported for years to come and their stuff works and is pretty dependable. 

Whats the sky view HDX going to cost when you buy the autopilot and ADSB and you must pay their shop (of which there aren't any) to install it? 

According to their website:

"Dynon Certified products will be the same as for the LSA/experimental versions, with affordable STCs priced separately. The cost of the equipment installed in the initial C172 is approximately $16,000. This complete SkyView HDX system includes Primary Flight Instruments, Engine Monitoring, Autopilot, Mode S Transponder with 2020-compliant ADS-B Out, Mapping with Flight Planning, ADS-B In Traffic and Weather, Battery Backup, and more. It also includes redundant flight instruments via a Dynon EFIS-D10A. The initial C172 STC will be priced at $2000."

I don't know if the C172 they talk about has all that installed, but I'm thinking it does.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bob - S50 said:

"Dynon Certified products will be the same as for the LSA/experimental versions, with affordable STCs priced separately. The cost of the equipment installed in the initial C172 is approximately $16,000. This complete SkyView HDX system includes Primary Flight Instruments, Engine Monitoring, Autopilot, Mode S Transponder with 2020-compliant ADS-B Out, Mapping with Flight Planning, ADS-B In Traffic and Weather, Battery Backup, and more. It also includes redundant flight instruments via a Dynon EFIS-D10A. The initial C172 STC will be priced at $2000."

I don't know if the C172 they talk about has all that installed, but I'm thinking it does.

That 310 in the Dynon video above was sitting in front of my Hangar for filming- My Mooney lives right next door to the US Sport Aircraft office.

equipment for a dual 10” screen, dual ADHARS, full autopilot full ADSB compliance is roughly $21k plus a $2k STC plus install. I expect it will end up $30k out the door with a brand new panel. The Garmin systems already announced don’t touch that price point, but I would bet we’ll see something new from Garmin before Oshkosh next year. 

9 minutes ago, Bob - S50 said:

That was the cost they charged themselves, off the shelf, experimental I believe.  And I don't think they included the cost to install.

My guess is that it will be 25-30k installed in a Mooney, all in.  Still good by previous standards, for everything it includes, but I am saying likely >10k more than their number suggests.  and at that price, the other options, including Garmin, will be on the table.

4 hours ago, aviatoreb said:

That was the cost they charged themselves, off the shelf, experimental I believe.  And I don't think they included the cost to install.

My guess is that it will be 25-30k installed in a Mooney, all in.  Still good by previous standards, for everything it includes, but I am saying likely >10k more than their number suggests.  and at that price, the other options, including Garmin, will be on the table.

Their $16k was the retail parts cost of a single 10” screen system including ADSB and the autopilot.

The G500 TXi 10” screen is ~$15k, gfc600 is $20k, not sure on the ADSB as you want ADSB into the G500- probably at least $3k?  Doesn’t really matter though because someone said no GFC600 for The Mooney Bravo, and today the GFC 500 isn’t compatible with the G500txi.  So... there isn’t a Garmin option today.

When Garmin releases their skyview competitor I would bet it to be compatible with the GFC500.  I would also expect it to be priced a above the Dynon product.

12 minutes ago, smccray said:

Doesn’t really matter though because someone said no GFC600 for The Mooney Bravo, and today the GFC 500 isn’t compatible with the G500txi.  So... there isn’t a Garmin option today.

If I was a betting man I’d wager a GFC600 will be installed in a bravo before a Dynon AP is installed on any certified Mooney.  Garmin does not release info until the product is ready to go and the bravo/ovation market will be supported. 

1 minute ago, MIm20c said:

If I was a betting man I’d wager a GFC600 will be installed in a bravo before a Dynon AP is installed on any certified Mooney.  Garmin does not release info until the product is ready to go and the bravo/ovation market will be supported. 

Ok betting man - are we going to get the GFC500 available?  And when?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MIm20c said:

I’ll bet a coke on that (either way I win ;)).

Wild card is that I’m betting that Don won’t find a way to get a GFC600, and that’s probably a bad bet. 

Just now, aviatoreb said:

Ok betting man - are we going to get the GFC500 available?  And when?

I’ll bet that a GFC500 (and the Dynon skyview / autopilot) are available in a Mooney by the end of 2018. 

You want come coke action? ;) 

• Like 2